1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FS 1984 Tiger Rag by Bell Games 500-700 made NEW price $1800

Discussion in 'Pinball Machines / Parts FOR SALE' started by atariaction, Dec 9, 2018.

1. Hammerhead

Hammerhead Well-Known Member

Welcome to pinball ;)

atariaction likes this.
  2. atariaction

atariaction Well-Known Member

...are burning (with desire :D)

Hammerhead and Thom Smith like this.
  3. Thom Smith

Thom Smith New Member

Thanks. Don't even own one yet but I'm already having fun.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2019
    atariaction likes this.
  4. mIkea

mIkea Member

Thom- I gotta say yours is the best attitude and most well balanced response I have seen here to date. You hit the nail on the head. It’s your money, your pin. Some of us buy for nostalgia ( I paid way to much for a TAF because it reminds me of cutting class to hang at the arcades on Yonge street), some buy for investment value and collectibility, but the best way to buy is just for fun. Who cares what others think? Play it, if it’s fun and you think it will last in a collection, buy it. If there’s something else that catches your eye, get that. If you try to sell and lose money, make it up on the next one. I consider the few hundred I might lose on a pin as ‘rent’. If I can play a pin for 6 months to a year whenever I want and as much as I want, and I end up losing $500, so be it. If there were any arcades left, I would have spent that playing the damn thing anyhow. If I break even or make a few bucks, it goes to the next collector anyhow when I get my next pin.
    Maybe I’m wrong, but I try not to get too caught up in it. As they say: “Hey- it’s only pinball!”.
    If you have any titles in mind I’m sure everyone here would be more than willing to help out. Play a few games, go to a few meets if you can, and pick something up that you can live with for a while. Most of all, enjoy! If I can help in any way, please don’t hesitate to ask.
    Oh yeah....and welcome!