• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

SOLD 1989 Data East Robocop

Status
Not open for further replies.

fantasygoat

Apr 19, 2015
Toronto, ON
Not here to shit on you. Just sad when you have a long trailing bad reputation and after a decade hiatus you pull the same stunts in a community of collectors

"Stunt"? A game being priced on the high end is a stunt? Do you seriously hear yourself here?

It's not a stunt, it's a price. You can decide it's too much and not buy the game. I'm not trying to rip people off or fool anyone. Why on earth would I post it here if I was trying to pull a stunt? I'm trying to sell a pinball machine on a pinball website.

You can certainly price your gamessage however you choose but expect to get flack when you try to appeal to us by giving us a "price break" meanwhile a few weeks ago it was cheaper.

Sorry I'm not up on the current exchange rates. Here, let me explain my thinking.

I took a broken game and fixed it - which has value despite what anyone says and is a whole other crazy pants conversation - with 12 hours of my time and about $400 in parts. This game sells for about $2KUS give or take based on prices I've found, and my back-of-the-napkin calculation was that was about $2500CDN with my refurb parts costs included. So, I provided free labour to get a fairly rare game up and running and playing nicely. I put it at $2700CDN on kijiji to allow for the automatic lowballers, then offered it here at my cost - not including labour - thinking I would give the pinheads a discount over that.

That's why I put "price break". So, that was my thinking.

Fuck me, right?

I sincerely apologize you feel attacked but a lot of it comes as a result of your actions towards the local community and lack of care for the feedback you get.

What "actions" are you talking about? I have no idea what you are talking about and no idea what "actions" I've done, unless you're referring to taking games to sell at a US show? Is there something else? Because I would really like to know what exactly I've "done" to the local community.

Now, if any of those "actions" are things I did fifteen years ago, that doesn't really apply to the vast majority of people in this pile-on since they weren't around back then. Even still, I'd like to know because I am completely in the dark here about how I've screwed over the local community.

You can't just say "as a result of your actions" and not give details, because then that's just rumour.

Just don't feel like you helped the community out when you really didn't.

Where do you get the idea I thought I was helping the community? I just offered the game at my cost minus labour since everyone here is a collector and we could skip the usual craigslist dance. I'm bent out of shape at being ridiculed, and being told that parts and labour have no value, which is insane, because you see games sell all the time with a clearcoated playfield or a bunch of toys added for way more than the going rate, yet somehow that's okay? The rules seem unevenly applied.

REVOLUTION

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 13, 2012
GTA
www.pinballrevolution.com
Gentlemen... please keep this banter within PM's. There's no need for any of it. Any more and I'll be forced to lock the thread.

So.. yeah. A really nice Robocop is for sale here. $2500 OBO if anyone is interested.

Peace.

fantasygoat

Apr 19, 2015
Toronto, ON
When I got it, it had the stock DE displays and the lower glass was totally blown out. So maybe someone at Starburst swapped out the pricey RD display for something from the junk pile?

Honey Badger

Nov 20, 2012
Ottawa
I can provide some history on pricing for Robocop...One was sold by S Stebel in London for $800 and Jim Wilks for $500 a year and a half ago. I personally know of one that sold less than half of what you are asking last year here in Ottawa. A well known Montreal member bought a nice one for under 1k last year and there were 2 on kijiji in the GTA last year for $1200 and another for $1000 which I thought was the one you picked up but you bought yours at Starburst so I guess not.

zod

May 29, 2013
Toronto
:)
I don't think the seller would be lucky to get $1500 for it, that's not realistic.
I think a buyer would be lucky to get a Robocop in this condition for $1500.
I remember Dave Astill's Robocop, which was in much worse shape, and sold for more than $1500 from what I recall.

Ok but at 1500 it would sell and would not have caused any backlash, I owned a Robocop and to me anyway its not worth much more than that. I would grab it again one day. FantasyGoat best of luck.

zod

May 29, 2013
Toronto
Yeah;) listen if I was really after a Robocop I would probably make a deal with this fella, already owned it and still made an offer but its not worth more than 2K same with DandD. For $500 either way who gives a shit, you only live once. Ofcourse there are limits like 2700 for a Robocop, and the same thing applies for me with regards to 8 and 9K MB,CC,MM etc. way overpriced pins too me. Anyway I don't care what someone asks or what someone pays as none of us have to buy anything and sometimes it feels like pinheads want to brag about the deal more than the acquisition.:confused:

fantasygoat

Apr 19, 2015
Toronto, ON
Ok but at 1500 it would sell and would not have caused any backlash

If I sold a Medieval Madness for $1500 that wouldn't cause any backlash either. Prices are changing all the time so getting bent out of shape because someone posted a price you don't like isn't very productive.

Anyway, we'll see how it goes. I don't really need to sell the game or anything so it can sit waiting for the right buyer. No problem for me.

zod

May 29, 2013
Toronto
If I sold a Medieval Madness for $1500 that wouldn't cause any backlash either.

What?:rolleyes:All I meant by the 1500 is that would have been a price on PinRev that would have sold the pin fast, don't care what you sell it for, I will never get back what I bought D and D and Monte Carlo for, probably the same with most of my games. Who cares and good luck and goodbye.

fantasygoat

Apr 19, 2015
Toronto, ON
All I meant by the 1500 is that would have been a price on PinRev that would have sold the pin fast

I'm just pointing out that telling me a price that a game would sell for without issue or quickly is silly. Of course if you sell a game for a low price it will sell. I'm sure everyone would be thrilled to buy any of my games for a low price.

On the flip side, you paying $1900 for a D&D - isn't that pretty high for that game? Yet you were quite likely very happy to pay that price because you wanted it. Everyone has their own ideas of what games are worth. You feel D&D is a $1900 game, and their might be someone who feels Robocop is a $2500 game. People used to think AFM was a $3K game, now it's a $10K game. People thought I was crazy to pay $1,200 for an IJ a decade ago. Prices fluctuate.

fantasygoat

Apr 19, 2015
Toronto, ON
Are you referencing me as being dense?

I'm still waiting for you to offer up your explanation for what I've done to you or anyone in the community to get a "reputation". How about that instead of meme gifs?

meegis

Mar 18, 2013
Woodbridge
Thread should be locked.

Im done here, more just wasting time than adding anything anymore.

Jeremy hasnt taken the blinders off yet.

zod

May 29, 2013
Toronto
I'm just pointing out that telling me a price that a game would sell for without issue or quickly is silly.
You left out the part of my quote that stated "don't care" I sincerely hope you get what your asking for. Now I'm out. :deluxe picard:

REVOLUTION

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 13, 2012
GTA
www.pinballrevolution.com
I can't believe Brock has let this thread continue on so long. It stopped being about a game for sale a long time ago.

Because I'm not on forums 24/7 and thats what other mods are for.

I was kinda hoping everyone would move on and let the dude sell his pin... but i guess that's not gonna happen.

Still, one thread lock per year dtill ain't too bad.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.