• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

SOLD 1993 STTNG (off the market)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
Yea that's very ture thanks your so right about this ,I have been way up north too see machines and I am so clad I did because the pics that was on line lied and the machine sucked so that's why I always beleave too see it with my own eyes then I can see all of it up close :)
Cheers

Personally, I usually like to know if I should even bother before getting into a car and driving up north.
Nobody is going to buy a local machine sight unseen of course. Most of us will make the drive to see it and pick it up... but why waste a trip? I'm really busy all the time and don't feel like getting cash and then spending a few hours in the car just to see that the game has playfield wear or wasn't very well looked after. I could've made a decision one way or the other just from a set of good photos and then verified in person.

To be honest, STTNG has been on my radar for a long time. I'm not just some guy making noise in a FS thread. I have wanted one of these for a while. However, from the moment this was posted, there was nothing that made me want to get up the effort. It's no different than staging a house for a listing. Those who take a little bit of effort almost always see a quicker sale.

When I see a pin FS and the seller hasn't taken the time to photograph things in detail and list out everything done to the machine, Im sorta put off. Maybe thats just me and I haven't been in a chasing mood for a long time... but if the seller can't be bothered, that doesn't give me the 'warm and fuzzies'. That's just me though.

Williampinball

Dec 28, 2012
Collingwood Ont.
Understand but we are not all the same anyone that really knows me well knows I don't have crap machines when they come and see my machines they buy them on the spot ,I think as we all get older we are likely not too drive as far as we did in the past ,but anyways if it doesn't sell soon I don't mind too keep this machine as its a good one too hang on too .

Cheers everyone
Happy flipping

Williampinball

Dec 28, 2012
Collingwood Ont.
Pics can't tell you everything about a game ,I have got pics of a game looked great and 8 hour drive later it was a grap game so I beleave the best way is too see it with your own eyes then you can see it all .

Happy flipping

ritewhereiwant2b

Dec 22, 2013
Oakville
Personally, I usually like to know if I should even bother before getting into a car and driving up north.
Nobody is going to buy a local machine sight unseen of course. Most of us will make the drive to see it and pick it up... but why waste a trip? I'm really busy all the time and don't feel like getting cash and then spending a few hours in the car just to see that the game has playfield wear or wasn't very well looked after. I could've made a decision one way or the other just from a set of good photos and then verified in person.

To be honest, STTNG has been on my radar for a long time. I'm not just some guy making noise in a FS thread. I have wanted one of these for a while. However, from the moment this was posted, there was nothing that made me want to get up the effort. It's no different than staging a house for a listing. Those who take a little bit of effort almost always see a quicker sale.

When I see a pin FS and the seller hasn't taken the time to photograph things in detail and list out everything done to the machine, Im sorta put off. Maybe thats just me and I haven't been in a chasing mood for a long time... but if the seller can't be bothered, that doesn't give me the 'warm and fuzzies'. That's just me though.

I feel you Drano. If there is little to no effort in posting pics and listing upgrades and mods, then it is doubtful that the pin has been prepared for sale, ie ensuring all credit dot issues are resolved etc. Recently I checked out a pin for sale that was “100% mint” and when I got there over an hour drive, there was a glaring issue, a credit dot and the playfield was dirty. Pictures and description of upgrades, etc go a long way in developing a sense of good faith which I believe is necessary in buying/selling in this community.

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
Ya ,I only have a iPad too take them with but it's always best too see any machine with there own eyes before buying :) cheers

Maybe you forgot to take the protective film off the camera on your iPad? If there is one thing and one thing only Apple devices have been good at is taking decent photos. ;)

Anyways, I've dealt with William before and got my HUO SM from him and it was mint as described. Fortunately for me before that I have visited and seen his collection beforehand as I've been going up to Blue Mountain to snowboard so I knew exactly what to expect. I do remember seeing his STTNG and looks like it hasn't moved from that location for many years if the pics posted are recent. It was a nice clean example and the only thing that should be disclosed is these games don't come from a smoke free home (perhaps that's why the pics look so smokey :p). Drano also bought Williams' HUO LOTR before and can probably vouch that game was exactly as described and was in very nice condition minus the smoke smell which was driving his wife nuts.

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
I agree with Mike.
William's games (from what I recall) were all very, very nice. I'm used to buying machines that have been in bars and smell of smoke, so it's usually not an issue. I think that, in this particular case, I moved the machine straight into the house and we had newborns at home. I just didn't expect it to be as powerful as it was. It did take a little while to sort out the scent, but the game was perfect otherwise and I had no complaints as long as I owned it. William was also easy to deal with and honest about his machines as I recall.

singlezero

Jul 10, 2014
Orillia ontario
FWIW too, i know this machine has been on for quite awhile but it is listed for 7000 on kijiji and in an act of some sort of community , it is being offered here much less. that should put some goodwill and faith in the situation to boot , bad pictures or not.

EVH

Feb 14, 2014
Mississauga
I agree with Mike.
William's games (from what I recall) were all very, very nice. I'm used to buying machines that have been in bars and smell of smoke, so it's usually not an issue. I think that, in this particular case, I moved the machine straight into the house and we had newborns at home. I just didn't expect it to be as powerful as it was. It did take a little while to sort out the scent, but the game was perfect otherwise and I had no complaints as long as I owned it. William was also easy to deal with and honest about his machines as I recall.

Pretty sure that was my LOTR. I bought it new from SB. From what I recall, Williams was great to deal with.

ritewhereiwant2b

Dec 22, 2013
Oakville
I agree with Mike.

When I buy a routes pin from a bar that smells of smoke, the first thing I do it to get it to quite smoking! Tough love I know!!

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
GCL.jpg

Looks like Blue Mountain is making snow at the moment so I better go wax my snowboard. If they open soon I can check out this machine for anyone as William's place is on the way to Blue.

Status
Not open for further replies.