• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

60 in 1 machine

Egad

Nov 18, 2012
Hey,
I know this says pinball but I need some help with a 60in1 arcade cabinet and I didn't see anywhere else to ask.
What type of monitor would work best? Looking to buy new but was not sure how a flat/wide screen would work?

If anyone can help me out here that would be great.

Egad

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
This would be B1's department. A computer LCD would be the most reliable, but an old arcade monitor would give you the best authentic look. It really all boils down to what your personal preference would be? Reliability or the overall look? Don't get me wrong, arcade CRT's can be reliable but they can also be a great source of aggravation.

D

Egad

Nov 18, 2012
I will likely go with the LCD due to the reliability, just wondering if there is a size or type that works best.
My biggest concern is that a LCD is going to come in a wide screen format and could be difficult to have a decent sized play field unless it was turned sideways.

Egad

Grauwulf

Nov 14, 2012
Guelph, Ont
I've built them both ways, with an arcade monitor and with an lcd, I really don't seem to have a preference either way they both looked good to me. If you already have a working monitor in the cab, I'd say use that. If you're going to go with an LCD you probably will want a 4:3 ratio, so you will be looking for a used one. Kijiji or a pawn shop will be your best bet.

b1buwg97

Nov 14, 2012
London
Yeah, unless you are a true purist, go wiht a 4:3 LCD $30-50 off kijiji... easy, looks good, clean, light, etc....

I have done many with both, LCD hands down is the easiest, and "cleanest" looking; again unless you ar ea purist and need shitty resolution :)