• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

SOLD 87 Williams F-14 Tomcat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luckydogg420

May 12, 2013
Kitchener
THIS GAME IS WORKING 100%

1987 Williams F-14 Tomcat. This game works perfectly, it is not your ordinary F-14 machine, it has been updated to be as good as possible.... possibly better then new. The game has 4 NEW flippers, and a 4 ball multiball.

International pinball database, info page
http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?gid=804

Pinside splash page
http://pinside.com/pinball/archive/f-14-tomcat/ratings

The playfield has had the Mylar removed, the paint has been touched up to make the artwork pop. NEW insert decals applied and a NEW "playfield protector" installed to keep everything looking beautiful. To keep with the "better then new" theme, I have installed NEW playfield plastics and plastic protector set to ensure that future air balls don't damage anything.

Modifications to the playfield include a F-14 jet model in the top right corner, that really adds a depth to the back of the game. There are also CUSTOM stickers applied to the playfield to complete the look of the game. Over the ball diverter, in the top left of the playfield, there is a sticker that covers the clear plastic. I feel that it adds a pop to the black void that is usually there. I have a second clear plastic if you prefer the original look. The regular round (red and blue) targets that spell T,O,M-C,A,T, have had CUSTOM explosion stickers placed on them. Again, these stickers are beautiful and they complete the art package of the game, truly improving the look of the game.

All of the games playfield and GI lights have been upgraded to NEW cointaker super brights or 170deg. LEDs, tastefully done with colours to best enhance the top notch light show that F-14 is famous for. The rotating beacon lights on the top of the backbox are still incandescent bulbs, they are very bright and work as they are supposed to. The beacon motor and "snubber" board have been replaced with NEW parts less then a year ago.

The backbox translite is perfect. The colours are not faded.

I have installed a NEW RED PINSCORE led display. The red score display looks very good with the colour scheme of the game and is better then the original display. The NEW display doesn't require the high voltage (170V) that the old one did, and will last much longer without the hassle of a plasma display.

The game has a NEW ROTTENDOG MPU, with NEW game roms and NEW sound/speech roms. The new processor board comes with schematics and is build to last for another 30 years. I still have the original MPU and roms, if wanted.

The cabinet was painted green in the past by a previous owner, I have removed the green paint to reveal the original graphics. There are holes in the front of the cabinet from where a lock bar that was removed. The cabinet could use a repair, stencils are available online for $150. If you want to repaint the game.

Luckydogg420

May 12, 2013
Kitchener
Re: Fs/Ft 87 Williams F-14 Tomcat $2000 O.B.O

Here are some pics.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 178
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 178