• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Adam Becker is the #ultimatesternpinballfan

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
I think I'm managing about 15 votes a day between my various devices. Haven't figured out how to get any more votes submitted than that...

Thanks for your efforts! But don't do anything the system won't allow you to. 15 is amazing and I really appreciate it :)

Dino Z.

Apr 3, 2015
Pickering
www.cdnpin2dmd.ca
Thanks for your efforts! But don't do anything the system won't allow you to. 15 is amazing and I really appreciate it :)

Just using my work PC, home PC and cell phone. Seems to let me vote once in a regular browser and then 4 or 5 more times using a private/incognito browser. Using a private browser, I have to restart it each time. At some point it starts asking for a "Captcha" and then eventually it asks me to sign in with Facebook. For me, that's the end of the line! :)

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
Just using my work PC, home PC and cell phone. Seems to let me vote once in a regular browser and then 4 or 5 more times using a private/incognito browser. Using a private browser, I have to restart it each time. At some point it starts asking for a "Captcha" and then eventually it asks me to sign in with Facebook. For me, that's the end of the line! :)

Yea that seems to be the way the system works and what I assume everyone in the contest is doing.

brad808

Feb 28, 2013
Brantford
Since you are trying to "exploit" the system (call it whatever you like) anyway by changing IP, using various browsers, etc to cast multiple votes why not just run script and be done with it? It's no more or less legitimate than what you are doing now.

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
Since you are trying to "exploit" the system (call it whatever you like) anyway by changing IP, using various browsers, etc to cast multiple votes why not just run script and be done with it? It's no more or less legitimate than what you are doing now.

Because the system won't allow that, after 2 votes from an IP you are required to enter a captcha phrase to prove you are an actual person and that you as a person are actually voting.

From my perspective that means you are working outside of the system, you are trying to actively circumvent it if you built a script or piece of automation to do the voting for you.

Let's be honest here, the rules for this contest are about as clear as mud, no where does it say 1 vote, per person, per day, even when you hit that 5th vote and you sign in with an account the message you receive is "You have voted the maximum number of times allowed for the next 24 hours"

So my interpretation is, "Ok system, if 5 votes is what you are going to allow for a single device/ip, then 5 votes is what I'm going to do"

I'm not using a Proxy or VPN to mask my IP to circumvent the system. I'm not circumventing the system by creating a script that votes for me. I'm working within the confines of what the system will allow and until someone else tells me otherwise that is all I have to go on in terms of rules for this contest.

and all I'm asking the people that vote me to do is work within the confines of the system.

websherpa

Feb 10, 2013
Waterdown, ON
I'm voting for Adam and Nick. (Their system also allows you to vote for more than one person. It is a "strange" contest environment compared to similar ones I've seen.)

I don't see any regulations about restrictions on the voters, EXCEPT to say that they are able to toss out votes they think are illegitimate which is a minefield in itself without rules to back it up. Whichever way it goes, I hope the runners up can simply politely "concede" and walk away (but considering there are Americans involved, I doubt it) ;-) .

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
I'm voting for Adam and Nick. (Their system also allows you to vote for more than one person. It is a "strange" contest environment compared to similar ones I've seen.)

I don't see any regulations about restrictions on the voters, EXCEPT to say that they are able to toss out votes they think are illegitimate which is a minefield in itself without rules to back it up. Whichever way it goes, I hope the runners up can simply politely "concede" and walk away (but considering there are Americans involved, I doubt it) ;-) .

Thanks Wayne

Exactly, end of the day it is up to Stern, a prize this big, people are going to complain, it comes with the territory, I'm not taking it personally.

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
So apparently there are rules! :)

First I've seen them, but from my interpretation what I've been saying is exactly right.

The system lets you vote 5 times from a single IP which would fall under "multiple votes from the same computer in excess of that allowed by contest rules". The contest as far as I can tell allows you to vote 5 times, so vote your 5 times every 24 hours just like the rules say

"multiple votes from the same user from different IP addresses" That would fall under what I said to not do, change your IP or use a VPN/Proxy to do so and vote again

"or the use of bots, macros or scripts or other technical means for voting" That would cover what Brad was saying!

so as long as we keep doing what we've been doing I think we will be just fine!

Attachments

• rules.jpg
    rules.jpg
    148.8 KB · Views: 7

Rockin

Jan 19, 2016
Caledon ON
When I vote, and try again, I get the message "you have already reached your maximum number of votes for this 24hr period"

OneFlip

Nov 30, 2016
Toronto
Ive been voting as many times as thier own system allows me. That seems to be playing by thier rules and I imagine wont be contested.

Yabadabadou

Dec 1, 2016
Montreal
Somebody else find weird that we come back on this thread and all the post from Adam have been change! and te problem is not voting 5 time a day but like Adam said in one of is changed post is doing it incognito with a ghost type of browser to hide his presence and reloading is phone to doing it again. Saying that you are cheating is ok, but doing it and telling the world about it than changing your post in case somebody find out about it its lame. You see read your own comment again.. Ho and BTW more than one saw that you change you comments! So dont try to hide them at least !!!! Lets see if that post will stay here on this thread!!!!image.jpeg

Yabadabadou

Dec 1, 2016
Montreal
And just to be clear what you did at the begining was only smart and I had nothing against it, but what offense me now is that you have changed all the post so you now look like a clean kids! I honestly think what you do its amazing but please keep it cool ok! Dont play the big star, use your status, cheat and tell the world about it and than now that people are talking about this you just hide the fact! Keep it cool and just be honest that you were just trying to play the best game with your knowledge...

stiffler4444

Nov 20, 2012
Crystal Beach, Ontario
You had "nothing against it", but you made sure you saved screenshots to throw around when needed??? If you want everyone to be honest and "keep it cool" then maybe you should do the same. Just sayin', you're being far from cool......

Reactions: dnewman