• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Allentown - Pick up

dmachry

Feb 23, 2013
Burlington, Ontario
Hello: I would like to order a RFM playfield glass from Rob at Pinball Classics. He will be at the Allentown convention this weekend. I was wondering if someone who was planning on attending could pick up my playfield glass. I live in Burlington, but would be happy to pick from you at your convenience. Also I would be willing to deliver to you a case of beer.

brewmanager

Nov 14, 2012
Scarborough, ON
dmachry said:
Hello: I would like to order a RFM playfield glass from Rob at Pinball Classics. He will be at the Allentown convention this weekend. I was wondering if someone who was planning on attending could pick up my playfield glass. I live in Burlington, but would be happy to pick from you at your convenience. Also I would be willing to deliver to you a case of beer.

Sleeman? :)

hippochrome

Nov 19, 2012
Ottawa
Does using automotive tinting on regular glass do the trick? I thought I heard Gomez talking about how that's how he did the prototypes.

REVOLUTION

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 13, 2012
GTA
www.pinballrevolution.com
hippochrome said:
Does using automotive tinting on regular glass do the trick? I thought I heard Gomez talking about how that's how he did the prototypes.

Yes but then you'll end up with a line half way down the glass, and also the glass is a custom size. The final product had a protective gradient coating silkscreened on top of it before the tint is sprayed on. Then the coating was removed. When you buy the glass from Rob Anthony you get it with that coating still on.. it takes about 1/2 hour to remove with some windex and a plastic scraper.

Soak the glass, let it sit 5-10 mins, soak it some more, sit for 5 mins more then scrape.