1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone here into comics?

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Discussion' started by Ben Gosselin, Nov 21, 2019.

1. Ben Gosselin

Ben Gosselin New Member

And want to trade me a pin for some? Lol

I've been collecting comics for 30 years .... Decided a new hobby seems like fun

2. pinballjah

pinballjah Active Member

I think most people on this site sold off their comic book collections for pinballs at some point. What is your collection worth? Then we can tell you what to spend the proceeds on.

3. DRANO

DRANO Well-Known Member

I definitely sold off my collection of silver and bronze age comics many many moons ago.

Ben Gosselin likes this.
  4. Ben Gosselin

Ben Gosselin New Member

Haha, I think I'm good with figuring all that out :)

Was just curious if anyone else here is into books ;)

5. WARLOCK

WARLOCK Administrator
    Staff Member

I kept all my comic books... and added several 1000 books even since the kids were born and pinball became my dominant hobby...

6. Chris Bardon

Chris Bardon Well-Known Member

I've been collecting for about 30 years now too, and have only recently slowed down significantly. I'll still buy a few trades a month, but I'm basically done with singles. Don't think I have anything that's worth much (mostly Marvel stuff from about 1990 with a few older keys), but I still have everything in several boxes and filing cabinets (legal filing cabinets are great for comics storage).

Main reason I slowed down wasn't money, more just getting bored with a lot of what's out there. Consequence of being in for this long-everything repeats eventually, and momentum is incredibly dangerous. There are many many titles I kept buying for far longer than I should have just because they were already on my pull list. That's why I've started batching things in trades, and waiting until something looks interesting before jumping in. There's still some great stuff out there though: Kieron Gellen's latest series Die is fantastic, and Saga, Sex Criminals, and The Wild Storm are all really good. I've also been enjoying the last batch of Marvel Star Wars stuff.