• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

FT Bally FRONTIER

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
Hi Everyone,
I got this 1980 Bally FRONTIER in a trade last year. I know people go crazy for this title... but it just isn't for me.

Considering how rare and collectible these are, I am NOT looking for cash on this one.
Instead, I'm hoping I can use it to shake loose something on my short list.
If I can't find a trade locally, I'll wait until Allentown and see if I can work out a trade there.

The game is working 100%
Cabinet is nice but has had some hand touch-ups
Playfield is nice everywhere except for some wear in the 'Den of Predators'. However, I plan to touch this up before letting the game go.
New set of plastics is on order and will be installed before it leaves also
Original backglass is mint
Displays are strong

Here's a list of games I would be interested in.
For some of these I'd expect money on top and, for others I would likely add some; depends on condition I suppose.

Bally Fathom
Stern Nine Ball
Stern Big Game
Gottlieb Genesis
Sega Godzilla

Game is located in Mississauga. I'll take some more pics on Monday.
Thank you

20161228_170411.jpg

20160815_232818.jpg

20160815_231716.jpg

Reactions: WARLOCK

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
you just missed a Big Game on kijiji yesterday 1,500 asking , ad gone now . looks like one of the members got it , see other thread

I didn't miss it. I was 2nd in line behind Adam and the seller was hoping to create a bidding war. I did not participate.
I already have a potential deal on a very nice Big Game if I bring it to Allentown but I'd prefer a local deal.

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
Awesome game! Wish you were selling outright.
GLWS

A couple of games on my list are harder to find, but a couple are not that bad. If you find me a lead on any of these games and the seller isn't interested in a trade, then I would consider a cash sale.

It's a pretty cool machine for sure and I like the theme. It feels like a Bally Eight Ball on steroids; more bonus features and SS sounds etc.. Otherwise the gameplay and objective is relatively similar to 8Ball.

Problem is I really love Eight Ball and like the flow better too. Don't want to keep both.

quarter grabber

May 29, 2013
Ottawa
Fantastic game. I played, I think, a fully restored cleared one at Jason's house and fell in love with this game. So much to do, and so much fun with the updated rule set!

quarter grabber

May 29, 2013
Ottawa
There's new code for Frontier?? :confused:

Yes I beleive Jason told me someone rewrote it. Made the multi ball harder to get or something, updated some rules. You'll have to ask Jason about.it, he's the expert. But I could be wrong, it was a few months ago. He could have been talking about one of his many other games, lol.

Last edited:

quarter grabber

May 29, 2013
Ottawa
Well just verified with the man himself, I was wrong, he was talking about a different game (barracora), my bad. All and all frontier is still a great game. I had a ton of fun playing it, I kept going back to it again and again :)

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
Well, looks like I may have a deal in place for a BIG GAME in Allentown. A lot can happen between now and then but, in the last 48hrs I've also had some uncanny luck.

First, I found a Stern NINE BALL, then I got offered a very nice GENESIS. With these two games crossed off the list and a very nice BIG GAME already being offered to me in Allentown (plus cash in top), I think I'd be stupid not to take the deal and count my blessings.

Ticking 3 games off my short list is huge!

Fingers crossed.

Last edited:

WARLOCK

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
The Bluffs, Scarborough
It isn't luck... it's pinball karma... you give out as much as anyone does and good opportunities return...
From my vantage point, it is constant consistent effort with gentle steady pressure over time...
When and where and how it all happens isn't what is so important...
It is just the hunting, hoping and knowing that one day it will...

Congrats.
Well deserved.

Reactions: Fifty and Menace

WARLOCK

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
The Bluffs, Scarborough
And yes, crazy man...
If I was calculating, I should have snagged Frontier and let my Eight Ball go instead. Can't do it though. Turfed EBD for EB.
Trouble is that my influence from the OP is the same in this case. I can't let Eight Ball go and must therefore pass on Frontier.
There is ME's "original" pinball purchasing advice rule in effect. 1) Buy what you like and don't be concerned with what anyone else thinks.

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
Thanks Guys... it all seems to happen right around the months leading up to Allentown.
It's a bit scary.

Just got another PM regarding a FATHOM :eek::eek::eek:

Yikes!