• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Bally kiss solenoid issue

atariaction

Dec 1, 2012
London, ON
stores.ebay.com
My right slingshot and outlane gate appear to work / not work in tandem and intermittently. I have reflowed the J5 headers on the solenoid driver board and I am pretty sure the transistor for the right slingshot is new and I reflowed that as well. Any suggestions?

sylvain

Apr 27, 2013
Ottawa, ON
I would check for any cold solder joints under the MPU connector header J4.
Then, also check for any broken or corroded 0.100 pin(s) inside that connector housing.

Why? Because:
- Solenoids are 'commanded' from MPU through J4 (then through the Solenoid Driver then drive transistors there);
- If there was any corrosion at any point on this MPU or earlier/original MPU, corrosion from the battery often migrates downwards
including inside connectors J4 (bot left) and J3 (bot right).

Note: I also have seen intermittent diodes on the Solenoid Driver board affecting one coil at a time (not two together like your case).

Good luck!
- Sylvain.

atariaction

Dec 1, 2012
London, ON
stores.ebay.com
Awesome. Thanks so much for the tips. I had a tip about j4 but I was thinking J4 on the solenoid driver board which I reflowed. So I should be looking at j4 on the MPU it sounds like.