• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Bally Mata Hari lighting problems

CJBob

Nov 24, 2014
Mississauga
My Mata Hari lighting has starting acting up. Sometimes the lights are fine, but very frequently now the lights are not showing the correct values and some are flashing on and off.

For example the Same Player Shoots Again light in the back will come on and off, the 2X, 3X, 5X bonus lights on the field will all be on at the same time, the A and B lights won't get updated properly, etc. Basically all lights aren't showing correctly. The game itself still plays and is keeping track of the score and showing the score correctly, it's just the lights that don't make sense.

Suggestions on where I should start? I assume I should start with connections, any particular ones that are the frequent cause of this problem?

Thanks.

sylvain

Apr 27, 2013
Ottawa, ON
I would start with checking the connectors and pins on the Lamp driver board
(bot left board in the head).
And also J1 on the Solenoid Driver (it has the lamp address and data drives going to the Lamp Driver boad).
Make sure the machine is powered-off before removing and reconnecting any plugs.

Note that lamp sockets could also have the usual corrosion and/or shrunk spacer issue.

You need to identify if the issue is actually with the lamp driver board/connectors (likely according to the problem's description)
or a slew of individual lamp sockets issues...

Cheers,
- Sylvain.