• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

BDK Batmobile Bridge Mod

quarter grabber

May 29, 2013
Ottawa
I didn't like how you couldn't see the batmobile car race the pinball down the bridge because there is no light in that area. So I put this new mod in to illuminate that area when the solenoid is activated. I contracted a company to make this mod so if you like it PM me and I'm sure it can be recreated.

It is just speaker wires attached to an LED strip but it works well. I taped the LED strip to the side of the bridge.

The wires go from the LED strip to an alligator clip that I put on the right side prong of the solenoid that controls the bridge.

Then the wires are tied across the machine.

And plug into the powerbox by the coin door.

When the solenoid is activated it activates the light strip to give you a nicely lit view of the batmobile car and a cool effect. It can be seen working in the video below:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=io4AV8O0IpI&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
Pretty cool. I like how it is activated by the coil.
Did you find an LED strip that was rated for the same voltage as the coil... or did you use a transistor to bring the power down?

Otherwise, the higher voltage of the coil could burn out your LED strip pretty quickly. I'm no electronics whiz, so someone please let me know if I'm wrong?

EDIT:
sorry... just noticed the power is coming from the auxilliary supply. So how does the trigger work?

quarter grabber

May 29, 2013
Ottawa
DRANO said:
Pretty cool. I like how it is activated by the coil.
Did you find an LED strip that was rated for the same voltage as the coil... or did you use a transistor to bring the power down?

Otherwise, the higher voltage of the coil could burn out your LED strip pretty quickly. I'm no electronics whiz, so someone please let me know if I'm wrong?

EDIT:
sorry... just noticed the power is coming from the auxilliary supply. So how does the trigger work?

The theory of operation is that power is gained at the coindoor for the light. Then when the solenoid fires, that ground is used to fire off the light strip.

REVOLUTION

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 13, 2012
GTA
www.pinballrevolution.com
Looks great! It was pretty unfortunate that Gomez never got to finish that part of the game (due to budget). This at least makes the bridge and Batmobile stand out more. Most people never knew the Batmobile was even there in the first place.

quarter grabber

May 29, 2013
Ottawa
REVOLUTION said:
Looks great! It was pretty unfortunate that Gomez never got to finish that part of the game (due to budget). This at least makes the bridge and Batmobile stand out more. Most people never knew the Batmobile was even there in the first place.

What, I never knew it was unfinished. What else was he going to do to it??

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
quarter grabber said:
The theory of operation is that power is gained at the coindoor for the light. Then when the solenoid fires, that ground is used to fire off the light strip.

Aha! Got it.
It looked like you had multiple wires going into the molex at the aux power supply... So I assumed your ground was also there. I assumed the clip to the coil was some mystery 3rd wire. It all makes sense now.

quarter grabber

May 29, 2013
Ottawa
DRANO said:
quarter grabber said:

Aha! Got it.
It looked like you had multiple wires going into the molex at the aux power supply... So I assumed your ground was also there. I assumed the clip to the coil was some mystery 3rd wire. It all makes sense now.

No just multiple mods tied into one source because I'm too cheap to get a PIG or 8 way splitter :FP: