• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Best Dolly to Buy for moving pins?

JohnJN

May 13, 2016
Toronto
Wow - admittedly looking at everything the PowerMate can do, I'm legitimately surprised that people don't prefer it to the Escalera.

Thank You!

ExportZ

Oct 10, 2021
Quebec
Hello

I'm about to buy the princess auto 550lbs appliance truck to move my pins to the basement.
The staircase is 3 ft large, 14 steps and go direclty to the basement (no turn).

It' made of soft wood and I don't want to scratch or put black marks on the tread bullnoses.

websherpa has suggested using a large cloth under the dolly.

Do I slide the cloth under the dolly before I go down/up or do I have to strap it onto the truck over the stair gliders??

Thanks

Fleetwood mIkea

Sep 13, 2017
Milton
@ExportZ :
I use a Princess auto dolly with no issues. The rollers/belts work fairly well to protect the stairs as-is, much better than my crappy Mastercraft dolly that broke and took chunks out of my stairs. Don’t put a cloth or whatever on the stairs directly, that seems like a recipe for a fall, just go slowly one step at a time with a helper on the bottom. No need to cover the rollers in my opinion. If you want to be super cautious maybe a few strips of 2” painters tape to protect the bullnoses?

Reactions: ExportZ