• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

BIG Thanks to Doug aka Menace

Golden Graham

Nov 19, 2012
Essex, Ontario
Doug should be arriving back home any time (he left Windsor 4 hours ago).
I wanted to send a big thanks to him for taking time on his sunday off (I did pay him ;) ), to drive down and fix multiple issues on some pins of mine.
It was a pleasure meeting him and I now know what a whole 3 of you guys all look like!
Thanks again for all of your help Doug!!!!! You are a wealth of knowledge!!

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
That's great news Kyle and so glad you and Doug (aka Menace) were able to make your schedules work so he could fix most of your games. I'm telling you when it comes to modern DMD troubleshooting and repairs there are few that can match Doug's knowledge, experience and skill.

I was originally going to refer you to cooke out in London since he is closest to you in Windsor but he specializes more in Solid State and EM repairs. So for those out in the west end who need help can check out out website or contact him through there for a house service call or you can drop your game off at his workshop.

http://www.londonpinball.ca

I'm sure once Doug gets his workshop at home sorted out maybe he will have a website too but for now you guys can just PM him here.

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
Thanks for the prop's Kyle! It was great meeting you and glad everything worked out as planned. (I really appreciated the hospitality too!) You can now get to experience how LOTR was meant to play. IJ should behave itself now, and lets hope we managed to eradicate that intermittent issue with JP. Oh, and hopefully your DESW will earn more now that it actually lights up! :)

The food at your restaurant was delish, and I highly recommend anyone that finds themselves in Windsor to stop by for a bite and a pint.

http://www.bubis.org/

Take care.

D

BOO

Aug 9, 2013
Toronto, Canada
Doug recently did some work for me as well with outstanding results. I have no idea how he manages to get his fingers into such tight places to reach all those little screws and what-have-yous. He's the best; no doubt. Thanks for your help, Doug.

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
boobooboi said:
Doug recently did some work for me as well with outstanding results. I have no idea how he manages to get his fingers into such tight places to reach all those little screws and what-have-yous. He's the best; no doubt. Thanks for your help, Doug.

It's from his days as a child labourer in the mean streets of Santiago, Chile.
It's probably too painful for him to talk about it now; but where do you think he got his nickname... and his wicked merengue moves? :D

I'm looking forward to having Santiago's fingerprints all over my poor SS and BSD this week.
Viva Doug!!! ;)

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
DRANO said:
[It's from his days as a child labourer in the mean streets of Santiago, Chile.
It's probably too painful for him to talk about it now; but where do you think he got his nickname... and his wicked merengue moves? :D

If you think my merengue is wicked, you should see my salsa dancing! :lol:

Got Drano's BSD all sorted out (minus that redonkulous long range opto error that really isn't an error because it functions perfectly as it should). SS on the other hand is keeping me up at night. Chasing an issue in the special solenoids section is always fun*. And I'm still wondering what the source of that intermittent single drop opto issue is, even though it seemed to be working consistently by the time i left. Next time I'm over I'll be sure to have my logic probe with me...

Appreciate all the kind words guys.

D

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
It kills me that BSD was a simple connector and header pin and I was chasing my tail looking for faulty diodes on all the associated lamps in the matrix :(
Being able to solder and change out a part is great, but understanding how these things actually function and operate is a whole nuther matter. Doug knew where to look in seconds.

Space Station is a bit more puzzling, but watching Doug troublshoot it is an education. I'm sure if we'd had another 30 min it would have been resolved... but it was just getting too late and aurora is a bit of a hike.

Thanks again Doug!