• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Black Friday Mob Video Supercut

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=-xL8rE9DT4g[/youtube]

3:13 :eek:

Too bad we can't have sales like that here in Canada :lol:

REVOLUTION

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 13, 2012
GTA
www.pinballrevolution.com
The deals are never really that great though. I mean sometimes there's the odd "door crasher", like a $100 - 24" television or something (usually only 3 or so per store anyway). But really, I'm not going to rush out and buy something for the sake of buying it. Same goes for Boxing Day sales

I think the 1 thing I did pick up during a Boxing Day sale was a TV wall-mount 4 years ago. It was 60% off or something.. decent deal but I don't think I'd do it again. WAY too much BS to go through to save $50 :)

To each their own I suppose!

SquidVicious

Nov 15, 2012
Oakville, Ontario, Canada
spiroagnew said:
I went out to a few stores today. Somebody tell Canadians that "Black Friday" IS NOT a thing here. It's just another Friday before Xmas. Great marketing tool though...seemed to whip everyone into a frenzy.

Sorry Rob can't agree with you on this one ... with all the cross border shopping (my niece have taken the Friday off work and gone over for the last four years) retailers here would be ignoring it at their peril ... esp with all the online sales. I just look at it as a mini-version of boxing day (and that it comes before Christmas is actually useful) I don't think the prices are any better than on boxing day but for the last couple of years they has been more on sales at near boxing day prices (at least on the stuff I've been looking at)

Luckydogg420

May 12, 2013
Kitchener
Buy it, buy it, buy it....I don't care what it is just get it! Ahhhhhh....

Seriously though this is crazy.....and that's coming from a guy that has waited in line at 12 midnight on Christmas Day for boxing sales. It was 5 or 6 years ago. I bought a whole home theater system. 52" sony tv, 900watt 7.1 Yamaha receiver, Polk audio speakers, ps3. The tv and stereo were door crashers, less then 5 per store (think the tv was 3 per) and I was the third guy in line. That year I saved $1500-2k I forget now, but was well worth it.

websherpa

Feb 10, 2013
Waterdown, ON
If Starburst was having a 50% off sale tomorrow from 9:00am - 10am only, you would find me and probably some of the membership here camped outside tonight ready to sell the farm! It's all about what you think is valuable, not whether it really is. Greed greed and more greed. :roll:

Luckydogg420

May 12, 2013
Kitchener
websherpa said:
If Starburst was having a 50% off sale tomorrow from 9:00am - 10am only, you would find me and probably some of the membership here camped outside tonight ready to sell the farm! It's all about what you think is valuable, not whether it really is. Greed greed and more greed. :roll:

Hells ya... 50%.... That would be very tough to decide how to best spend my money. There's more than one game there that I've drooled over

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
Cops in the Chicago suburb of Romeoville shot a suspect in a Kohl's parking lot full of shoppers, WLS-TV reports. This was after 10 p.m. on U.S. Thanksgiving Thursday. Police chased a man running from the store, the ABC affiliate says. Officer jumped into the suspect's car and got dragged and another officer fired three or four shots toward the driver. The car finally stopped, the suspect hit in the shoulder. No details on what merchandise was involved. Nor were shoppers deterred, the Chicago Tribune reports.

In northern New Jersey, police pepper-sprayed a shopper who allegedly tried to attack an officer trying to break up an argument over a TV in a Wal-Mart Thanksgiving evening, the Star-Ledger in Newark reports. Richard Ramos, 23, was taken to Bergen County prison in default of bail.

At a Wal-Mart in Virginia, a man's arm was "sliced to the bone," police told WVVA-TV, an NBC affiliate, in an argument over a parking space Thursday evening. The victim was treated and released in hospital. The suspect was released on $5,000 bond.

Another Wal-Mart, another brawl, another Thanksgiving evening. This one is San Bernardino County in California. Channel 4, the local NBC affiliate, quotes police as saying three people started pushing, shoving and swinging; two were arrested and an officer was slightly injured.

In Knoxville, Tennessee, police tackled an impatient Wal-Mart shopper with a weapon Thursday evening. The suspect was demanding to get in early. WATE-TV said mysteriously that the suspect "experienced a medical issue and was taken to an area hospital. No charges have been filed." Blackfridayitis, perhaps.

Store managers at a Wal-Mart in Upland, Long Island, shut their doors for two hours Friday morning when "customers began tearing into merchandise" that was wrapped up and not supposed to be on sale until 5 a.m., the Los Angeles Times reports. The belligerent shoppers were evicted, everybody's carts were emptied and Black Friday warriors sent to wait it out in the parking lot. Even then, the crowd started yelling and banging on the doors and trying to sneak in through the garden section, police reported.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mA0ZQo5WKxg&feature=player_detailpage[/youtube]

Fighting over a $98 32" Funai brand LCD :FP:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=n_adgG8Ba2Q[/youtube]

g-man

Nov 19, 2012
Brampton / Caledon
spiroagnew said:
I went out to a few stores today. Somebody tell Canadians that "Black Friday" IS NOT a thing here. It's just another Friday before Xmas. Great marketing tool though...seemed to whip everyone into a frenzy.

Totally agree with you on this one.

I don't think Canadians should be in a hurry to emulate the Americans in this regard. A week long celebration of Thanksgiving ? Puh-leeze. Turning people into raving lunatics so they can maybe save $50 on something ? Puh-leeze. And you're right ~ we've already got Boxing Day so we don't need another one. I bet if you took all the deals that the average person got, it wouldn't amount to a tank of gas.

Ands speaking of gas, I would far prefer that people make fewer shopping visits to the U.S. Aside from the glorified sale that captures media attention, I don't believe the average person saves much by doing so anyway. After you factor in the $50 - $100 you probably spend in gas and food for the trip, exchange and paying double taxes, I just don't see it as being worth it. Especially after you factor in the hours you may have to wait at the border. Redonkulous.

I think people enjoy taking the day off and having the "experience" but that's an experience I can do without, thank you very much.

Maybe we need a 60 cent dollar again to keep people at home. :)

Luckydogg420

May 12, 2013
Kitchener
The news last night said the average deal was 35% off. Other then a great deal/ door crasher sale this wouldn't be worth the hassle.

Canadian tire has everything go on sale for 60-70% off at least once a year. It would be smarter to hit the deals all year long.

This one day trample and grab is a horrible display of herding cattle.