• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

bride of pinbot flipper problem: please help

atariaction

Dec 1, 2012
London, ON
stores.ebay.com
right flipper sometimes has great power sometimes it is weak
and occasionally when i press the button the flipper does not flip
we changed the coil and coil sleeve
we checked the voltage and it is correct
checked the caps on the board and they are all good
changed the coil spring
eos is old and will order a new one as i suspect this now
changed the coil stop
made sure the flipper had good clearance from the playfield
changed the flipper bat bushing
flipper button blade switch is new
what else can i do? your help is appreciated. thanks, mike

brad808

Feb 28, 2013
Brantford
I would suspect eos switch. Once that is replaced then report back. At the very least try cleaning it.

Sent from my Nexus 4

atariaction

Dec 1, 2012
London, ON
stores.ebay.com
ok put in a brand new EOS but still having the same problem. noticed there is a capacitor on the eos but i heard those types shouldn't go bad. do you think i should change the capacitor? would it be helpful if i posted a pic?

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
The cap on the flipper is just used as a spark arrest, it wouldn't have any affect on this problem. The only other thing I can think of is mechanical binding. Make sure the flipper bat to bushing gap is set correctly. Too much or too little can wreak havoc on flipper power.

D

bstock

Apr 1, 2013
Montreal, Quebec
I realize this is probably a pretty obvious thing but the fact that you mentioned that occasionally the flipper doesn't even flip makes me wonder if the actually flipper switch is properly adjusted and clean, and the button is in good shape (the side that contacts the switch of course). My buddy bought a black rose and the right flipper button seemed kind of funny. When we took a closer look at the back of the butting it was all busted up and could hardly reach the opto switch. I'm no expert but something to check maybe.

atariaction

Dec 1, 2012
London, ON
stores.ebay.com
double checked a few more things, flipper button itself, flipper button leaf switch (cleaned with credit card), made sure all wires on good, bushing gap fine, found no mechanical binding. i did play a game and did not run into the prob where id hit the button and the flipper would not flip. i did find a transister (i think) on the flipper switch. see pic. it is the round orange thing. what is that all about?

Attachments

• 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    978.8 KB · Views: 568

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
The component on the switch is actually a capacitor, not a transistor and it present to help the MPU detect quick switch closures.

D