• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Building a Dream

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
Nope this is the one! Sent it to the vendor.

bda99757f2f048aa6956369c7406135a.jpg

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

tom_454

Nov 28, 2012
Ottawa
2 months - no updates. Curious how this is coming along. Hopefully Adam is playing pinball in the new digs.

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
Kinda forgot about this thread as ever since I put in the floor and insulation every spare moment has been dedicated to trying to get everything setup.

Also took a volunteer job with the IFPA approving results to help out and lessen the workload for them, so my Internet time has also been severely impacted by that as well.

Anyway lots of stuff has been going on.

The floor is in and it turned out as good as I could have hoped

026c8d0ec090d6bf87bb53606b3a86a5.jpg

Then came the insulation.

74ca26c2a57d5c1bf23370fa41f91ff9.jpg

5b16197d3b2e2b4a636fc7cc7b9ac006.jpg

I went with spray foam and it has been the best investment I have made in this building so far. I was in the building putting in the floor on a warm sunny day around 20ish before the insulation was in. The place acted like an oven! Full steel in direct sunny literally turned the building into a very large oven. I want to say it was at least 5 - 10 degrees hotter in the building than outside.

But since adding the spray foam, holy crap! It's now the exact opposite. I've been in there and some of the really hot muggy days and it is COOL. Really cool, like your in a basement with no windows cool. It really is quite amazing.

After the insulation was done it was time to move out. I had been prepping for that for a while folding games whenever I had time. Then I put out the call to TOPL asking for help.

I got help from a bunch of members. Todd H, Mike P, Tim W, Sean O and funnily enough the guy that did my spray foam :) Frank. He is hooked bad now comes out every Monday for TOPL when he found out what I was using the building for. But over the course of 2 days these guys helped me pull everything out of my basement and get everything on legs!

e27c26669dd06207cb45a5c08ec96b76.jpg

d818c350ee2f73a9bfe738248257f5f0.jpg

28349dd00a6add834ce33758d98e8047.jpg

I can't thank these guys enough! I figured they would help me just get everything out and I'd spend the next month putting legs on at my own pace. But these guys were amazing! I owe them a huge debt for all the help! What I always find funny is that I've been involved in a few mass moves now and it is always the newbies that help out :) I guess that is because us veterans that have been doing this for long enough to know better than to volunteer to move and setup 40ish games :D

Now it's just matter of getting everything setup, leveled and fixing everything that has broken in the move since pinball LOVES to be moved.

But in the short term I've been setting up my collection so I can enter in the #ultimatesternpinballfan contest. I have Newman coming over next weekend to help me get a really good shot for the contest but this is the general gist of what I'm going for

665571de59bdd8cd787cf86ccd2bd453.jpg

I have to wait till this is done till I can set them up where I will want them to actually be for the final setup.

So in the meantime I've been moving my tools and other stuff out of the basement so I can setup my work area

15e008413c881418408e03de77ba3edc.jpg

22022e7ceb91a3f8ae203629f07abcb9.jpg

This has been odly satisfying as I've been collecting so many parts and other things and to finally be able to them organized in a way that I can see what I have so I'm not digging through hundreds of bags trying to find that one part has been great!

So that has basically been the last 2 months.

This thread is finally starting to see a close.

I have TOPL playoffs in Aug and I think that will be the very first time I will actually be "open" so to speak, lots to do before that and lots of plans still to implement. But it's all pretty amazing to see it finally get to this point

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatal

Last edited:
Reactions: WARLOCK and Menace

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
Its been a long process since you started this thread and glad to see the end is in sight. Congrats and looks great Adam.

tom_454

Nov 28, 2012
Ottawa
Thanks for the update Adam. Looks awesome. I hope you get to relax and enjoy it this fall/winter. Someday I will have to get down to see it in person. Cheers.

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
Have any of your neighbors bitched about the new addition?

Nope, they are all pretty interested by it.

My neighbor East of me has been very accommodating, was even willing to permit be an aerial trespass when I thought I needed one for the electrical. His only ask was that he and his family be allowed to come by and play sometime once it was ready.

They are the ones closest to the building.

Neighbors west we are very friendly with and they have no issues either.

No neighbors North or South of me, just farmland.