• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Centaur 2 problems

g-man

Nov 19, 2012
Brampton / Caledon
Was working "okay" but sometimes MPU wouldn't boot with the lamp panel closed. Time to re-pin a few connectors I say.

Repinned MPU J2 and J3. Re-pinned driver board J3 and J4.

Now it doesn't seem to want to go into game mode. I get 7 flashes, it appears to go into attract but you cannot add credits. Also, the solenoid test is not running correctly.

When I run the solenoid test, the outhole kicker (sol#1), knocker (sol#2) and Inline drop target reset (sol#3) do not fire. (this is one of the reasons I started repinning in the first place )

Instead of the outhole kicker firing, the "kick ball into shooter lane" coil fires. Instead of the knocker firing, the "shoot ball onto playfield" coil fires. When it is the inlane target reset coil's turn, nothing happens at all.

When I swapped out the MPU with an Alltek, the problem remained. Then when I put in a repro Rottendog driver board the solenoid test got really strange ~ the only coils that fired were the kick to shooter lane coil and the right pop bumper.

Here's what I have done so far :

checked that outhole registers the proper switch. It does.
Checked that the coils in question do activate when grounded on the driver board.
Have checked and rechecked that the connectors have been repinned in the proper order
checked under the playfield several times for shorts/grounds
clipped the cap on the tilt bob
checked coin door for shorts
swapped mpu and driver board with repros

What should I try next ?