• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Changing a translite

brewmanager

Nov 14, 2012
Scarborough, ON
So I've got an nos translite to put in my RS. However, I've never changed one or seen it done.

Anything I need to know, tricks, etc? It looks pretty straightforward, but then again, so was changing fuses on f14 and a lot of you know how that turned out. :)

Bish

Nov 14, 2012
Peterborough, Ontario, Canada
Be careful to keep the translite flat. Place a sheet on a flat surface like a table, or the floor. Slide the plastic strips off the sides, top and bottom. Remove the old translite from the glass. Put the new translite in position, slide the plastic clips on the top, sides and bottom. Be careful not to crimp the translite when you slide the plastic clips over it, otherwise you will damage the edges.

It really is that easy. Good luck.

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
Monkeybug said:
And keep the sandpaper away, in case you have an urge to clean the back of it.

Walt if you have trouble try some oil and if it makes a mess you can use some industrial grade degreaser. It also works great on Funhouse too, i was someone get spectacular results :)

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
All great suggestions so far. The one thing you may find when changing the translite is it will cling to the glass and make watery type marks in these areas. To combat this you can try sprinkling baby powder on the glass and translite before install. I've personally never done this, only read about it but it apparently helps with the static cling.

D