• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Clearcoating (first time experience)

flashinstinct

Nov 14, 2012
Ottawa, Ontario
Well I'm done. And I think the results are nothing short of spectacular :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2BJ40u4tf0

All the white bumper white explosion were repainted, the slamp ramp wear was filled with bondo and repainted and a few touch ups here and there. I do have clear the holes and remove the extra clear in the big hole areas. And then reassembly.

Anyone have any experience tips for painting the cabinet....it's next on my list.

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
That did turn out really nice!
Congrats!

Not sure why you have clear buildup in the holes though? Just elevate your playfield off your work surface next time. I just use some scrap strips of wood.

I've never actually seen buildup like that. Usually there's enough movement of the
Playfield between all the various coats and sanding in between that this wouldn't happen. This looks like it never moved from it's spot during the whole process.

In any case, a dremel will make short work of that.

Have fun reassembling it!

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
That'll do it :D

Only time I tape up a hole is if I'm too lazy to fully strip the underside. I do this a lot with EM playfields. I don't like taking them apart. All those flat head screws :x

It usually breaks off with the tape though... and a little filing cleans it up easily enough.