• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

SOLD close

Status
Not open for further replies.

ibjeepin

Sep 18, 2013
Toronto
Re: if you are curious, october list : ))

agreed on the pricing. Why waste your and my time asking and playing the resonable offer card etc etc etc.....

flashinstinct

Nov 14, 2012
Ottawa, Ontario

ibjeepin said:
agreed on the pricing. Why waste your and my time asking and playing the resonable offer card etc etc etc.....
Gerry will post pricing once he`s in on the buy...for now he`s just posting what he`s got....

ibjeepin

Sep 18, 2013
Toronto

Little confused, are these available for sale or is this a teaser on a speculation buy. I am a PR noob! ;)

flashinstinct

Nov 14, 2012
Ottawa, Ontario

ibjeepin : Gerry buys the container and then ships it to montreal. People pick from the list of what they want and pay upfront. The continaer arrives in CDN and you are responsible to pick up your pin in Beauce PQ. Some folks from TO usually group up and rent a truck, you might get on the ban wagon. Hope this clearify thigns for you. Expect to do some work on the machines once they get here. Perfect to an Italian is very different from what we call perfect. In either case is the luck of the draw some folks received very good machines while others sometimes receive a machine with a few missing parts.

ibjeepin

Sep 18, 2013
Toronto

flashinstinct said:
ibjeepin : Gerry buys the container and then ships it to montreal. People pick from the list of what they want and pay upfront. The continaer arrives in CDN and you are responsible to pick up your pin in Beauce PQ. Some folks from TO usually group up and rent a truck, you might get on the ban wagon. Hope this clearify thigns for you. Expect to do some work on the machines once they get here. Perfect to an Italian is very different from what we call perfect. In either case is the luck of the draw some folks received very good machines while others sometimes receive a machine with a few missing parts.

Thanks for the heads up! OK so if I am to risk my money on these what is my reward? do the prices reflect the risk? Or am I paying "retail"? So for example what can I expect to pay for "TERMINATOR 2 , perfect "?

Thanks
IBJ

ibjeepin

Sep 18, 2013
Toronto

A few other questions, what is the purchase protocol? How do we know what the price is and when if we need to pay up front, and how do we know the deal will be done? Is my money safe? etc etc

Thanks
IBJ

flashinstinct

Nov 14, 2012
Ottawa, Ontario

Prices will be posted. Usually the prices are good but it`s up to you to decide with the pictures that you see. You pay upfront to reserve your machine. Full payment. Alot of people have done this before and you will see some on this thread eventually if you have questions ask them :) People including Gerry will be happy to respond.

spiroagnew

Staff member
Dec 1, 2012
Scotch Block, ON
www.creditdotpinball.com

Not sure if it helps, but here is a link to the thread I started about my container game experience, buying from Gerry, getting it back to Ontario, and what I received: http://www.pinballrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?t=1512

Our friend Drano also posted his results...his machines came from the same crop as mine. Hope he doesn't mind me sharing the link: http://www.pinballrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?&t=1595

Also check Tim.sanderson's "Tim's Rescue 911 Thread"...his R911 is also an Italian container refugee from Gerry, and he chronicles the ups and downs quite well. Again, hope he's okay with the linkage: http://www.pinballrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?&t=822

ibjeepin

Sep 18, 2013
Toronto

I'll rent the 24 foot straight truck with lift from Toronto! :) I'm in, left PM'ed my list to Gerry.

WARLOCK

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
The Bluffs, Scarborough

Now you are cooking with gas gents!
Take Tim with you. He is a most excellent navigator and copilot. (And all around good guy and storyteller)

When Drano and I went to get pins last time from Gerry, we knew it was the only trip we would make.
I don't want container pins personally (and never have) and Drano wanted rare machines to 100% restore.
Having said that, with both Drano and I having young families and children, that was likely our only long trip.

To fill up a container near the very end, I "will assist you guys" with parts machines that I may want to fill it up with.

The rest is in your court. Start PM'ing each other from coast to coast back and forth. Converse!

It is easy to ship a pin anywhere in Canada. I have relatives from Halifax NS to Campbell River BC.
I have clients in the Arctic. This is a huge country, but it really isn't. Just decide on it or not.

Good luck hunting.

PM Drano, myself and any of the other guys who posted threads on these pins they bought.

Then decide to figure it out. Communicate "behind the scenes" like many of us all do.
Ask us for assistance or advice. It is free here. Seriously. Where else?

GoGoGo!

ibjeepin

Sep 18, 2013
Toronto

One could do truck relay. Split the drive in parts QC to Toronto, Toronto to Winnipeg, Winnipeg to Calgary and so on..... I dont mind drives so I am in!

WARLOCK

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
The Bluffs, Scarborough

I travel the country for my AV Production company all the time.

Sometimes we drive.
Sometimes we ship.
Sometimes we fly.

The first two apply to Pinball.

Oh, and we love guys who can drive well.
PM me what you are looking to buy. (OR)
pick Wong or Drano or anyone and ask their
opinion on what you want and price.

Sounds to me like you are ready to go. Woot!

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga

Now if only we can get the euro and the CAD$ to cooperate.

Gerard is not kidding. I've seen a few projected numbers on some of these games and, for the moment, it's a tough sell when you factor in exchange, shipping the container, taxes, etc...
Filling a container of 24... Especially when a good portion has to be B/C list titles from manufacturers outside of BW and Stern, and it gets very difficult.

I don't mean to be a downer, but just want guys to know what to expect if/when we start seeing some real numbers on these lists.

scylla

Mar 13, 2013
Toronto, ON

My husband and I may be in for 1 too (we are located in Toronto). We were supposed to have one in Gerry's last shipment but it unfortunately missed the boat (not Gerry's fault - supplier sold our pin to someone else).

Drano - thanks for the pricing reality check.

Status
Not open for further replies.