• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

SOLD close

Status
Not open for further replies.

flashinstinct

Nov 14, 2012
Ottawa, Ontario
Re: if you are curious, october list : ))

To me this EURO - CAD debate is irrelevant...The italian supplier is not stupid neither is Gerry. If they both want this to work both will have to make less on each machine to keep the prices competitive. I don't believe in this the euro is higher so prices are higher BS. All that will do is make me go south of the border and get an affordable machine there. Just my two cents.... but let's wait and see what both parties come up with.

ibjeepin

Sep 18, 2013
Toronto

flashinstinct said:
To me this EURO - CAD debate is irrelevant...The italian supplier is not stupid neither is Gerry. If they both want this to work both will have to make less on each machine to keep the prices competitive. I don't believe in this the euro is higher so prices are higher BS. All that will do is make me go south of the border and get an affordable machine there. Just my two cents.... but let's wait and see what both parties come up with.

Here is a link to the euro trading in the past year.

http://www.xe.com/currencycharts/?from= ... AD&view=1Y

I do believe you are correct in your assumption as the going rates for the pins in North America are set here and not in Italy or anywhere else in Europe. If the euro's strength puts a damper on their profits versus not selling the unit only the market will tell. If people here feel the prices offered are too high and say no then the deal will fall through and the seller / brokers will have to re adjust their expectations. It just like Canadian manufacturers who are hurt when our dollar become strong against the US dollar who now must take less or have inventory sit if they keep their margins on exports to US. Only time will tell.

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga

flashinstinct said:

Since when do businesses and private individuals in foreign jurisdictions adjust the pricing of their goods based on what the currencies of other nations are doing? This is not an irrelevant debate. The Italian's price is his price and it's his perogative to set it where he likes. He has buyers from all over the world (including Gerry)... maybe some from places where their currency is stronger against the Euro than the CAD$ currently is.

A 7000 euro MB, that would have cost $8700 CAD last year, today is $9500.

I don't see our friends to the South adjusting their pricing as our looney rises and falls. However, if you have the ability to go south of the border and find what you need, I say do it. It's closer and you may actually have a chance to see what you're buying... but that's a whole other arguement.

flashinstinct

Nov 14, 2012
Ottawa, Ontario

Noted. All I am saying is that when demand is not there..prices go down no matter what the currency status is.

For example if Italian dude is used to selling 4 containers to Gerry every year...and now he only sells 2...it affects the bottom line.

I'm not trying to say they won't be good prices...all I am saying is that sometimes businesses need to adjust pricing....to stay competitive with other markets.

Pinballer

May 16, 2013
Etobicoke

Gerry

I too would be interested in picking up one of the games from the list. I would appreciate if you could provide the pricing. I was very close to purchasing a pin from the last container.

jbenaiah

Feb 8, 2013
Toronto

I may consider a pin this time around.... but would also need to see if the prices make sense. Thanks, Ian

Gerry

Nov 14, 2012
St-Georges de Beauce, Québec

we are the luck call only 10 pinball in a groupage service:

...only 10 pieces , ...seem that you can buy too only 10 pinballs , not more 24 .
we can ship in groupage service , 2 pins on 1 pallet , and ship in groupage ( about 200 euro to pallet

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
Re: OCTOBER LIST

REVOLUTION said:
So we can do a group order of just 10 games now? That's great news!

Perhaps with the reduced minimums perhaps it would make more sense if we had someone deal with the person directly to get a container shipped directly to TO?

I know it's a consideration in my decision that I'm going to have to tack on another $150 for shipping to get it here, would be nice to save that cash.

spiroagnew

Staff member
Dec 1, 2012
Scotch Block, ON
www.creditdotpinball.com

Vengeance said:
Perhaps with the reduced minimums perhaps it would make more sense if we had someone deal with the person directly to get a container shipped directly to TO?

Seems to be enough of us. Looks as if this container update has only been posted on the "Ontario" board anyway. Not that I want to condone stepping on Gerry's toes, he's done a great job getting the pins over here for quite some time, however, if there was a more local option available, it would make things a whole lot easier and more enticing to participate.

Gerry

Nov 14, 2012
St-Georges de Beauce, Québec

spiroagnew said:
Vengeance said:

Seems to be enough of us. Looks as if this container update has only been posted on the "Ontario" board anyway. Not that I want to condone stepping on Gerry's toes, he's done a great job getting the pins over here for quite some time, however, if there was a more local option available, it would make things a whole lot easier and more enticing to participate.

for Quebec, list are available on my personnal web site... www.pinballchoice.com, no problem with anyone there ;)

PhilGreg

Nov 28, 2012

So how do you login to said site?
Says "Les administrateurs ont interdit l'inscription de nouveaux membres."

Status
Not open for further replies.