• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Comet Board Question - Acid Leak

Sampson

May 4, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Hi All,

I'm working on restoring a Williams Comet. The machine is pretty rough, but it's coming along. The machine seems to work fine, but I am wanting to move the batteries off the board to someplace remote. There was some acid leakage and I am planning on replacing all the components affected. I'm a total noob at this stuff, but I am trying to learn. I am slowing getting my head around schematics, but i'm still struggling.

My question is, do any of you know what those acid affected components by the battery actually control? I can't figure it out at all by looking at the schematics. The game seems to work, but what are these components actually affecting. The one transistor [Q2] is completely corroded off. I would think the game wouldn't function.

I believe the drawing is on page 33/34 of the manual:
http://mirror2.ipdb.org/files/548/Comet_manual.pdf

I'm just looking on digikey for the correct parts to order. Fun!

Thank you for any help you can provide. Appreciate it!
Sampson

IMG_20180314_173144.jpg IMG_20180314_172000.jpg

Sampson

May 4, 2017
Kitchener, ON
So I replaced some components, but now I am getting a system 7 error on the board. So somehow I made it worse. Not sure how to test where my problem is. Any ideas?