• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Corvette left flipper issue

hippochrome

Nov 19, 2012
Ottawa
Quick question, which probably has a simple answer (i.e. tighten the screw), but I figured I'd ask anyways.

*I have no idea what the actual names of these parts are so forgive my shitty descriptions :FP:

So, I was poking around inside the Cabinet and noticed that the little board (right beside the flipper button) that controls the left flippers was loose. So I tighten the screw that attaches it to the cabinet a bit (this is the board that the flipper button physically moves the switch to engage the flippers).

After tightening the screw, the bottom flipper does this super fast stuttering flip, so I loosen the screw and its back to normal working order...but its a screw that's barely in (and on top of that, the screw hole is toast anyways...too big and worn for the screw)

My thought was to take off the opto switch and clean it up, then move the flipper board over a fraction so I can have a new good hole to screw it into. Seems like a no brainer, but thought I'd ask the pros to see if I'm totally off track.

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
Yeah, clean the opto's for sure, and instead of moving the PCB and making new holes just get a couple toothpics and wood glue and put them in the existing hole that is stripped out. 20 mins and she'll be as good as new.

D