• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Could use some help getting baby pacman to boot

brad808

Feb 28, 2013
Brantford
Grauwulf said:
Oh Nice! This wasn't the one that the guys couldn't get to boot was it? How's the PF on it?
I'd rather have RFM over Baby Pac any day of the week.

No it wasn't his, this one plays fine. The playfield is nice but was a bit dirty. I spent about 6 hours on it yesterday (I will admit I'm a bit anal) cleaning it, swapping dead bulbs, adjusting switches. The Martians weren't moving right so I took those apart and got them bouncing nicely. CPU fan is too noisy for my liking so I'll probably replace that in the next few days. One broken plastic to the left of the upper Martian target that i need to fix because i had the ball get stuck there twice yesterday. I must say they sure are nice machines to work on. Being able to pull the playfield in seconds is a dream. The diagnostics menu is also very nice, it all just seems to make sense.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

brad808

Feb 28, 2013
Brantford
Well when I say being anal I just mean in comparison to normal non pinball people. My girlfriend was looking at it saying "it's perfectly fine" and I was saying "no you don't see that little trail of dirt right there? I have to get that off". I like to think that most people on this site would feel the same way though :p

Grauwulf

Nov 14, 2012
Guelph, Ont
Heh, I've had that same conversation with my GF as well. She's only ever seen machines out on route though, so that's her frame of reference. The plastic you're talking about , if it's the one under the left ramp, I'm going to be swapping out the single rubber posts for double ring posts in that location to stop that exact problem and help keep that plastic from getting busted. I'm hoping to finally pull the PF on mine and shop it and install my SOL hole cliffy and the new weldment for the SOL ejector over the holidays.

brad808

Feb 28, 2013
Brantford
Grauwulf said:
Heh, I've had that same conversation with my GF as well. She's only ever seen machines out on route though, so that's her frame of reference. The plastic you're talking about , if it's the one under the left ramp, I'm going to be swapping out the single rubber posts for double ring posts in that location to stop that exact problem and help keep that plastic from getting busted. I'm hoping to finally pull the PF on mine and shop it and install my SOL hole cliffy and the new weldment for the SOL ejector over the holidays.

Yes that's the one. Do you mean so you can install two rubbers on it? That's a good idea. Im assuming with two rubbers one would sit higher up (closer to the plastic) and would close that gap.