• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Crappy connectors. How should I fix?

Luckydogg420

May 12, 2013
Kitchener
My spring break just died this morning while playing a game. Just nudged it a little to hard and lost everything but the GI lights. The display went out and the game quit. Wiggle the cabinet again and everything came back on... Like I just turned it on.

I've done the ground mods already, and I'm sure there ok. But I've been told these system 80 games are prone to poor connectors.

Ive heard people talk about "re-pinning" connectors. Is there a special tool I can buy? And where, (web link pls). are there different pins for different gauge wire? Or different pins for different games?

Or should I just cut off the old connectors and replace with new ones?

I've never done this before and pretty sure a bad connection is all the issue here

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
Yep, it's not difficult but be prepared to put in a LOT of man hours. To do it right the whole game should be done and you're looking at approximately 300 pins to remove and replace. The double sided connectors are my personal favorites (between the MPU and driver and diver to PF), I still have nightmares of having 3 Black Holes in my workshop at once... wtf was I thinking? lol

If you're looking for the pins you need, Ed @ http://www.greatplainselectronics.com will have everything you need.

D