• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Cruisn Exotica Racing Games

Jeff K.

Jun 27, 2013
Toronto
Hey guys,
I own a pair of really nice Cruisn Exotica Sit down arcade racing games.
The monitors are sharp- and overall condition is really good. Both units plays great.
Does anyone know approx. what a pair of these would sell for?
I'm thinking of letting them go but would first like to get a handle on their general price range.
Thanks!
Jeff

Jeff K.

Jun 27, 2013
Toronto
Thanks guys, I sent Nick an email.
The $1,200 price for a pair of sit down racers in great shape seems quite low.
I have never seen them priced near that price.
I'll have to do a lot more research.
Appreciate the input.

Last edited:

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
Keep in mind that Nick is as close to being "retail" is it gets... without having a bricks and mortar operation. His evaluation would likley reflect retail pricing.

I know squat about vids, but I do respect Steve's opinion on this topic.
So the question is more whether you're looking to determine hobbyist price or retail?

Did Nick suggest what he would offer you if he were the buyer?

Hammerhead

Nov 16, 2012
Melbourne
Although condition dictates a higher selling price, most people don't have the space for a pair of these, so pricing should be set accordingly or you might be sitting onto them for a while.

Jeff K.

Jun 27, 2013
Toronto
Hey Adriano,
I haven't heard back from Nick yet with any pricing or suggestions.
I'm not looking for retail but something fair.
I've just not seen a really nice pair of sit down arcade Cruisn Exotica's with newer replaced monitors sell in the $500-$600 range each.
My examples are in great condition.
Btw- it was Nick who originally helped me years ago track down a huo TAFG, and he was awesome to deal with.

Jeff K.

Jun 27, 2013
Toronto
Hammerhead, completely understandable. These are pretty large units and I also need the space as I would like to replace them with the new MarioKart GP DX units at some point. One of the positive attributes of the Cruisn Exotica's is that they come apart in two pieces. A bit easier to move than the one piece racers.
Also, I would rather sell these within the PBRev community as I do with most of my pinballs.

Pin-Balls

Aug 19, 2013
Georgetown
I picked up 2 from a operator 3 years ago, paid $1500 delivered, he had replaced one of the monitors with a LCD.. I give them a 6/10 for how clean they where, everything worked and they where linked.

Jeff K.

Jun 27, 2013
Toronto
Pin-Balls, thanks for the info. My games are about a 8-9/10. The cabinets, control, etc are in great condition and one of my monitors was recently replaced and the seller said he had replaced the other beforehand. My only real cab 'wear' is under the seat and it's not very noticeable.

I can't imagine there are still many out there in my condition. I wanted a really nice set for my games room.
I'm also thinking in a similar price range but just wanted to do a bit more research before posting them.
They would have to be picked up and do thankfully come apart in 2 pieces.

I have a few potentially interested parties now but if anyone from the PBRev gang is interested in discussing purchasing them, please pm me.
Appreciate all the ongoing input.
Thanks,
Jeff

Coitusmysterioso

Jan 13, 2017
Shelburne, Ontario
Yeah you need to keep in mind the sit down arcades take up MAJOR space in a room, especially a pair of them so the market for them is VERY limited compared to regular arcade cabinets and pins.

There are currently at least half a dozen driving cabs that have been on Kijiji for months.

Jeff K.

Jun 27, 2013
Toronto
Yep, they take up space but wow, do friends and family love playing them. They get as much if not more attention as my video and pinballs do with friends. My wife loves these things- just getting ready to mix it up a bit. Love the new MarioKart racers.

TopTierArcade

Apr 28, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
Good points by all. The size of the units will dictate the amount of traffic to buy the games. 70% of arcade buyer's would pass based on the lack of space. Also, Cruisn' Exotica was the least popular of the series. Crusin' USA and World were more popular. Try to get the most out of them, but it maaay take a little longer to sell. All the best on selling them

Jeff K.

Jun 27, 2013
Toronto
Top Tier- I've played all 3 releases extensively. IMO, Exotica is the most fun of the 3 series and most under-rated. My family and guests have a blast playing them.
Initially, I was offered all 3 (USA, World, Exotica) at the time of purchase and choose the one I preferred.
Thanks, though for the input. You've all been helpful.

Last edited: