• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

DK Pinball Black Friday Special

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
DKLogo_Header1.png

DK Pinball was the first to bring to the PIG to the market which many have used to mod their Tron to power and trigger on their mods such as light cycles, EL wire, etc. They also have another product called the PIG2 and here are the main differences:

The PIG 1
IN1 controls only OUT1, IN2 controls only OUT2 ... etc
Outs can only be on or off.

The PIG 2
INs can control any OUTs with And/Or logic. (IN1 and IN2 controls OUT1 or IN1 controls OUT 1 and OUT2)
OUTS can blink, fade, go from being dim to bright, quick flash and anything else you can imagine.
You can connect Servos to it to give mods motion.
You can connect reed switches to the AUX inputs to use magnets and coils as triggers.

Basically the PIG 1 was a hardware controlled set of switches that used the game for triggers. The PIG 2 has a micro controller so it's all software driven. We can make the outputs do pretty much anything we want now.

As a user, you don't have to know how to program. You just modify a configuration file to make the changes you want.

pig_sexy.jpg

Regular Price: $149.95
Black Friday: $99.95

If you are planning to get one make sure you go to their site on Friday at 10am Central Time and only 10 units will be available. Here is the link:

DK Pinball Black Friday Sales

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
Here is a video of a PIG2 in action on herg's Tron Pro

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=dyz61ck9kds[/youtube]

Take TRON for an example. Maybe you have the hallmark cycles, but they are just lit all the time. Wouldn't it be cool if they did stuff when something important happened in the game? The easiest way to do this is to just make them light up when a particular insert is lit, but that's kinda boring.

With a PIG2, I have mine set to be normally lit. When I hit one of the ramps, the appropriate cycle blinks a few times. I also have them set to turn off when the GI is turned off.

I have my lighted recognizer set to come on when the recognizer insert comes on, but then I have it fade off over a second or so. It kinda goes with the "BRRRrrrrrr" sound.

My Flynn's Arcade sign blinks on in a pattern that starts slowly, then speeds up, eventually staying lit solid. I'd like for this to be a little more random looking, like dying neon, but haven't found the right combination yet. When the Flynn's insert goes out, so does the sign. ...but not all the way off, I have it set to stay on dimly.

You can get way more complex with it, like controlling servos, controlling under cabinet lighting, etc.