• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Does it fit?

cuebert

Sep 7, 2018
Smithville
:D The title makes me laugh.

So, does anyone have some wisdom to drop on vehicle recommended/not recommended for jamming a pin into?

Anything that can fold down after you've take the legs off of should fit into a midsize SUV or minivan I would think. The Clearance into the SUV might needs but on average would they fit? I realize it's loaded question due to so many different variables at play but still trying to get a sense of, will it fit?

Or is it just beat to rent somethingipen or larger (pickup,
1/2 time Can, etc)?

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
Minivan will give you the most flexibility and can haul just about anything of course.... even multiples.

I've always prefered driving an SUV though, so those are more limiting. I've had a Ford Explorer and recentlty changed to a Subaru Ascent.
Both of them had roughly 30" of clearance height at the liftgate.

For games with the head on (folded) 30" is about the bare minimum you want. I can get system 11, WPC and most Stern into the back and the head just scrapes by. Older Bally 6803, Sega games and some of the Gottlieb DMD cabs will not fit. They are usually about 2-3 " taller when folded. Of course, most EMs or early solid state would fit too.

Bring a tape measure when you're test driving and (depending what type of machine you plan to haul most) ensure you have at least 30"+ in height.

brad808

Feb 28, 2013
Brantford
Not ideal but Jeep compass only has 27-27.5" clearance. They will go in sideways though like this and can still close the gate. Just have to put blanket down to protect side. Can move most arcade machines too with the gate strapped down. Substantially cheaper on gas than my Dodge Dakota.
6d5f20a3697868faa4123c43c715e6d5.jpg

cuebert

Sep 7, 2018
Smithville
Great info and awesome link Redfive.
This all goes well to figuring out if my SUV will fit a pin (I believe it will, but a measuring tape will let me know)

KO Amps

Nov 12, 2017
North Bay, ON
www.koamps.com
List doesn’t mention a Kia Rondo either. Surprisingly has about 31” clearance and lots of depth with the seats down. Have hauled a DE Hook and a Rollergames home in it with no problems.