• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Dr. Who DMD Issue

thewebexpert

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Almonte, Ontario
Hi Guys, no picture yet, but I need help. When I power on the game, the DMD has perfectly spaced lines going up and down through the DMD every 1 inch.

What is up? The game was not played for a while, turned it on today, and we have those lines. Any troubleshooting tips would be appreciated

I did reseat all of the connectors on the DMD but that did not make a difference.

Cheers
Derek

Last edited:

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
Remove and re-seat the DMD ribbon cable and you should be good to go. If the issue goes away and comes back after a while I suggest buying a new DMD ribbon cable as the contacts inside the cable have tarnished.

D

thewebexpert

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Almonte, Ontario
So reseating the DMD ribbon does not work, I wiggled and jiggled it in case it was loose . I did a DMD TEST and after all the tests finish, I get an other test that says Page Error B(1) 1 14 .... any ideas?

Also, when the DMD is supposed to show different things to shoot at eg which 3 targets to shoot, it does not, it actually just keeps showing the score. that tells me I may have an issue on my control board. what do you guys think?

thewebexpert

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Almonte, Ontario
I troubleshooted it, basically replugged in every single wire on the board, it fixed it, so the ribbon cable was fine, it was one of the others! whooohooo! ALL GAMES WORKING AGAIN!