• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Electronic parts in London

BMHouze

Mar 11, 2014
Delhi Ontario
As I am off to meetings in the forest city today I am going to stop by Electrical & Electronic supply inc. on Nightingale Ave.
Just thought I would inquire into if they are a good place to get transistors, resistors, etc.
always good to hear if I am dealing with a good seller or if there is somewhere else that is better for parts in London.

Thanks,
Brad

brad808

Feb 28, 2013
Brantford
Ever since I started ordering online from digikey I haven't stepped foot in an electronic parts store. No more wandering up and down isles to find they have every part except what you need or one of a component instead of two. Shipping from digikey is $8 and I haven't once had it take more than one day to get to me.

For all the little stuff it's great but some of the bigger orders like spools of wire I find cheaper getting from China via eBay or whatever.

Hammerhead

Nov 16, 2012
Melbourne
Probably a little late, but I have only ever dealt with two places in London; ELELSU (Electrical & Electronic Supply) and A-One Counterparts.

Rich at ELESU has a lot more selection and he could probably find that hard-to-get part for you. A-One has to order almost anything that you'll need except the most common things like resistors and transistors, and even then some of those need to be ordered. Prices are a bit better at ELELSU too.

BMHouze

Mar 11, 2014
Delhi Ontario
I went to Elelsu on thursday. I called my order in ahead. I just needed a few things. a tip122 transistor and 33k resistor. Since they're pretty cheap (1.10, 0.10) I doubled up. I got there and my order was waiting on the counter.
I am not an electronics person. I have a guy that does that all for me. I'm not big into getting shocked when I try to do electrical around the house (colour blind).
Anyhow. I gave my guy the parts and the resistors were 33 Ohm instead of 33k (good thing I already had a spare) and I got 3 tip 122 and 2 were different (so I sure hope they cross referenced to be sure they will work).
I have my board back today so I have my fingers crossed that all the problems are fixed.
Or at least moved down the line to the next spot.
at least elelsu will do mail order so in the future I don't have to drive an hour each way to London, or ask one of my brothers who work in London to pick up my stuff.

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
For future reference.... Whenever you're replacing a tip122, don't bother replacing it with another tip122. Just replace it with the more common, and more robust TIP102.

D

BMHouze

Mar 11, 2014
Delhi Ontario
I received some transistors in the mail from ELELSU and was very happy that I can use paypal to make payment. Very, very convenient for those of us that don't have an electronics supply place in the immediate area. I would have been an hour drive each way for me. God only knows where else my wife would have wanted to stop or how much extra those stops would have cost me.