• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

SOLD february list 198 pinballs !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

winbot

Feb 8, 2013
Kamloops BC
Re: february list 198 pinballs !!

Interesting list. Are these the total prices or is there HST or Gst added or included in pricing.

tim.sanderson

How does this work? Is someone only allowed to buy a whole container, or are people able to buy a single machine? Is it first come first serve, until enough machines are spoken for?
I'd like to put my name on a Super Mario Bros. if that's the case.

Bay78

Dec 10, 2012

Hi there. There are pictures of a Stern Grand Prix in there. However there isn't one listed in the price list. Has that game been sold already? And if not is that one for sale? And how much if it is? :D

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto

Bay78 said:
Hi there. There are pictures of a Stern Grand Prix in there. However there isn't one listed in the price list. Has that game been sold already? And if not is that one for sale? And how much if it is? :D

If you are interested in a Grand Prix you might want to contact DavidC aka yellow mustard and find out if he plans on keeping his from the last container or possibly selling down the road.

SquidVicious

Nov 15, 2012
Oakville, Ontario, Canada

Malibu-SS said:
SquidVicious said:
OnTilt said:

Actually that auction is for the entire inventory

funny.....In the ebay link it says minimum order is 24 pieces

So then it is an Advert no really an auction (unless 200K/24 seems like a good deal) .. happens fairly frequently on EBAY

Gerry deals with the wholesaler in Italy .. but others also have purchased from the same whole seller (although no one else in Cdn to my knowledge)

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON

For the newbies

Gerard is the middle man, he works with the people in Italy selling the bulk games to fill a container and bring it back here.

You email him with what game you want and he will give you the price (usually just what you see listed)

Once he has enough games he will ask for a 50% deposit from everyone to secure the games, then once the games hit the water he asks for the other 50%

This is Gerard's 5th (I think) container so you dob't have to worry about being screwed. You just have to decide if the games are worth the risk for the price for you since you are basically buying them sight unseen. Gerard is a stand up guy and I've been in on two containers myself and hopefully will be getting in on this one as well.

Also for GTA guys usually we try and pool our resources and pay to have games shipped from Gerald to here in Ontario since there is usually enough of us in on the container that it makes more sense to do it that way then to each drive out there ourselves.

Hopefully this is helpful

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga

I've been organizing collective shipping to Toronto on the previous container and we expect to get our pins next Saturday.
I've bought a Cactus Canyon from Gerard and I have a Zaccaria coming this time.
The CC had a few small issues that I was able to resolve easily, but it will require a full restoration. I went in knowing and expecting that.

Some guys are not so picky on condition and just want a playing pin. I would say, expect some basic maintenance and to troubleshoot/repair a thing or two. Overall, I think most have been happy. I know of one person that was not happy with their machine, to the point of not wanting it... and I also know Gerard was willing to work something out.

In some cases the pricing may seem high (for a container game), but when you factor in transport, taxes etc. probably not a bad deal on most of them.

frolic

Nov 19, 2012
Tdot

I personally can handle swapping a light, cleaning, bending a switch, etc, but these machines seem to need more work than I'd be able to put into them. I'm not being negative about these deals, I just wanted to give the view from someone who isn't very hands-on with machines.

Tim, for your first machine, I'd suggest getting something that is working and playable that you were hands-on with before buying so you get it home and get to PLAY it. Projects are good for people with multiple machines and have ones to play. If money is a factor, get a good playing machine that is reasonably priced. Might keep you out of A titles to start, but there are plenty of good games with lesser themes out there. Nothing against Gerry or his deals, I think its a great service he's providing - as long as you know what you are getting yourself into.

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga

I would agree.
For your first pin, getting a project off a container is more likely to turn you off.

Once you've been doing this a year or two and have gotten comfortable with basic maintenance and how these machines work, you might be ready to try something a little more challenging.

Chris Bardon

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga, ON

Anybody else from the GTA getting in on this and want to work out transportation? I might be interested in a LOTR, a roadshow, and a T3 if I can get them out here.

jbenaiah

Feb 8, 2013
Toronto

I'm also a newbie to this... I'm considering buying one game... but would need to get someone to shop it for me. I live in Toronto. How much would the shipping be to Toronto for one machine. Thanks. Ian

Status
Not open for further replies.