• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Flickering lamps on KISS

g-man

Nov 19, 2012
Brampton / Caledon
It's been a while since I humbled myself and asked for some help, but here goes.

Trying to get a KISS up and running. Plagued by a problem with 2 rows of lamps that light up the first 2 rows of the K-I-S-S bonus. If you recall, there are 4 rows of different colours, each row spelling K-I-S-S in the middle of the playfield. Well, the bottom 2 rows ( yellow and gree ) do not flicker, but the top two rows ( red and white ) are flickering.

Initially, the top 3 rows flickered. I installed new header pins in J1 on the rectifier ( did J2 while Ii was at it, but that's not related ). I also replaced the F1 fuse holder in case that was the problem. This actually got the 3rd row to stop flickering. So, I then replaced the J1 connectors on the rectifier. No change. Now I'm kinda stumped. I have swapped out lamp boards to no avail. Is this one of those issues that is being caused by a chain of things and so far I have only fixed part of the chain and now must keep going ? Might I have to replace lamp board connectors or MPU connectors as well ?

What is making it difficult is that there is no common link between the lamps that are not working. All 4 rows come from the same connectors, so if the connector was the problem, then all 4 rows would be flickering. Also, it can't be the lamp holders because the 3rd row improved without addressing the lampholders. There must be something else.

Any ideas ?

Thanks.