• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

SOLD Foo Fighters LE $16k

Status
Not open for further replies.

ritewhereiwant2b

Dec 22, 2013
Oakville
For all those who have compared pinball pricing in this thread, just imagine you are trying to sell a pin for "x". ...and then someone comes along, in YOUR thread, and says that one can buy a similar pin for less than x. You'd be like WTF!!! LEs are significantly different than Prems as are Prems from Pro as are stock from heavily modded.

Be kind in these threads, if you stay in the hobby long enough, you too will be doing 'for sale' posting. I for one have cycled 19 machines through my house in 12 years and PinRev and the great people Ive met through PinRev have enabled me to play, beat (in some cases) and curse at some of the best pins that industry has to offer.

All hail PinRev and Kindness. ;)

Last edited:

hey you with the face

Apr 15, 2015
newmarket
For all those who have compared pinball pricing in this thread, just imagine you are trying to sell a pin for "x". ...and then someone comes along, in YOUR thread, and says that one can buy a similar pin for less than x. You'd be like WTF!!! LEs are significantly different than Prems as are Prems from Pro as are stock from heavily modded.

Be kind in these threads, if you stay in the hobby long enough, you too will be doing 'for sale' posting. I for one have cycled 19 machines through my house in 12 years and PinRev and the great people Ive met through PinRev have enabled me to play, beat (in some cases) some of the best pins that industry has to offer.

Hey, the seller brought up the price of a premium. He was comparing your options.. u can go with this, or can get with that. $11,500 for a premium, $16k for a LE. You can make a choice. What's the problem?

Paul

Feb 21, 2013
NewBrunswick
Hey, the seller brought up the price of a premium. He was comparing your options.. u can go with this, or can get with that. $11,500 for a premium, $16k for a LE. You can make a choice. What's the problem?
Read the first page, it says that this is a FS thread not a discussion thread. I think that is most of the problem.

hey you with the face

Apr 15, 2015
newmarket
Read the first page, it says that this is a FS thread not a discussion thread. I think that is most of the problem.
Missed that, we were on the second page. And he did start talking about prices of a premium. The game is sold so all good, hope someone gets a great deal on Alien LV! Also saw a Attack from Mars LE for $10k on Kijiji if anyone is looking for one. I think it was a LE, can't recall. Cheers!

Last edited:

Chambahz

Dec 15, 2012
East York, Toronto
If I offended you, I appauligize. Forums and discussions like this help newcomers to the hobby make hard choices between games. You can go with this, or you get with that. It's great dialog. I feel bad for the new guys trying to figure this all out. What is inaccurate? I really did see Alien LV out west for $10k, $10.5k to be exact. I wish I would have waited to buy mine. Hope this helps someone looking for one.
I appreciate the reply and explanation, thank you.
I think it’s important to appreciate that a for sale listing is not a discussion area. And while many may feel that a seller is pulling a complete con-job and way over listing a game, that’s their right at the end of the day.
The best way to ensure getting top dollar for a title is to over-price it and then gradually drop your price until it finds a new home. (Not what I did in this case but just saying that it’s not a terrible place to start)
So when I compared this fully stocked LE model at $16k vs a NIB Premium price of approx $15k, I was trying to show that my game was a great value. (And at a nearly $4k discount from the original msrp price!)
You then took it upon yourself to point out a Premium model had sold for $11k (though it had been listed for $12k and final price wasn’t even confirmed), which made my price at “$5k more” seem like a rip off. I expect you can appreciate that point of view too, right?
So as much as I can understand you’re “trying to help the new guys in the hobby”, all you’re really doing to pissing in peoples for sale threads and honestly, that’s more detrimental to the hobby than anything.
I know a few people who no longer want to list anything for sale on here because of the drama and bullshit caused from price police or lonely guys who just want to stir up shit.
The resale market is already quite weak. Having a game listed at less than current market value and then seeing your post comparing my game to a cheaper Premium units was just insulting.

No hard feelings, honestly. It’s great we’re both able to share our points of view. I hope you will consider this before posting again in someone else’s sale thread.

Reactions: roar

MrMikeman

Nov 25, 2019
Ottawa
And while many may feel that a seller is pulling a complete con-job and way over listing a game, that’s their right at the end of the day.
Just keep in mind that replies and discussion on a public forum is also their right, whether you like or not, and even in a FS ad. That's the nature of forums.

Personally I didn't think mentioning the lower priced used Premium was a jab at your sale. A Prem is not an LE. Prems will always drop in value faster and by a larger amount than an LE. Glad you got it sold as it was certainly priced decently for an LE. If FF was on my radar I would have jumped on it.

Chambahz

Dec 15, 2012
East York, Toronto
Just keep in mind that replies and discussion on a public forum is also their right, whether you like or not, and even in a FS ad. That's the nature of forums.

Personally I didn't think mentioning the lower priced used Premium was a jab at your sale. A Prem is not an LE. Prems will always drop in value faster and by a larger amount than an LE. Glad you got it sold as it was certainly priced decently for an LE. If FF was on my radar I would have jumped on it.
If most people would exercise their right to remain silent, the world would be a much better place.
So yes, it’s a public forum and anyones right to be an ass. But it’s still not appreciated nor appropriate and is only detrimental to the hobby as a whole.
Imagine your frustration trying to sell a game and someone had chirped up about the many thousands of games played or the state of your shooter lane. That MMR Royale might have sold for a few grand less. But many people keep these opinions to themselves despite their “right” to make such posts.
I have the right to keep the seat down when taking a piss at your house… but I know better and wouldn’t do that.

Jeff K.

Jun 27, 2013
Toronto
@ Chambahz, couldn’t have said it better myself and you’re not alone in your thoughts on this.
The constant price policing & unnecessary comments on these for sale threads can be very detrimental to the seller.
This example was priced $4k-$5k below MRSP and was priced more than fairly. Someone got a great deal here.

Last edited:

roar

Oct 22, 2015
Waterdown

I wish more people would consider the Harm Principle when exercising "their right" to post anything they want. If you are unfamiliar with it, I'll paraphrase it from this article.

"“your right to swing your fist ends where my nose begins.” In other words, people should be free to act as they wish as long as their actions do not cause harm to others."

Perhaps I'm being a little dramatic if you think I'm implying that the comments in this thread actually did any harm to the OP, but if you want to argue the semantics of the sentiment I believe I've failed at trying to make my point.

MrMikeman

Nov 25, 2019
Ottawa
If most people would exercise their right to remain silent, the world would be a much better place.
So yes, it’s a public forum and anyones right to be an ass. But it’s still not appreciated nor appropriate and is only detrimental to the hobby as a whole.
Imagine your frustration trying to sell a game and someone had chirped up about the many thousands of games played or the state of your shooter lane. That MMR Royale might have sold for a few grand less. But many people keep these opinions to themselves despite their “right” to make such posts.
I have the right to keep the seat down when taking a piss at your house… but I know better and wouldn’t do that.

Dude. I let my Royal go for about 20k at a time it was selling for 26-27k. You’re barking up the wrong tree to complain about price policing. I lead by example and price my games below market, usually WELL below. Check my old posts if you want.

We have a different view of what is detrimental to the hobby. Price gouging colluding asshats are more detrimental than ppl offering cheaper alternatives. This what NOT the case with your sale and I’ve said so above. You were also priced below market. You made your sale despite your impression of sabotage. You’re just complaining for the sake of complaining at this point. You won’t prevent the peanut gallery from commenting in here. Kijiji and eBay are perfect selling places for no commenting.

Maybe the mods can make an option to enable or disable commenting like Pinside?

dos.reboot

Nov 19, 2012
Windsor. ON.

Be kind in these threads, if you stay in the hobby long enough, you too will be doing 'for sale' posting. I for one have cycled 19 machines through my house in 12 years and PinRev and the great people Ive met through PinRev have enabled me to play, beat (in some cases) and curse at some of the best pins that industry has to offer.

Yes, the pinball community is small and tight... and has a long memory.

Reactions: Chambahz

hey you with the face

Apr 15, 2015
newmarket
I appreciate the reply and explanation, thank you.
I think it’s important to appreciate that a for sale listing is not a discussion area. And while many may feel that a seller is pulling a complete con-job and way over listing a game, that’s their right at the end of the day.
The best way to ensure getting top dollar for a title is to over-price it and then gradually drop your price until it finds a new home. (Not what I did in this case but just saying that it’s not a terrible place to start)
So when I compared this fully stocked LE model at $16k vs a NIB Premium price of approx $15k, I was trying to show that my game was a great value. (And at a nearly $4k discount from the original msrp price!)
You then took it upon yourself to point out a Premium model had sold for $11k (though it had been listed for $12k and final price wasn’t even confirmed), which made my price at “$5k more” seem like a rip off. I expect you can appreciate that point of view too, right?
So as much as I can understand you’re “trying to help the new guys in the hobby”, all you’re really doing to pissing in peoples for sale threads and honestly, that’s more detrimental to the hobby than anything.
I know a few people who no longer want to list anything for sale on here because of the drama and bullshit caused from price police or lonely guys who just want to stir up shit.
The resale market is already quite weak. Having a game listed at less than current market value and then seeing your post comparing my game to a cheaper Premium units was just insulting.

No hard feelings, honestly. It’s great we’re both able to share our points of view. I hope you will consider this before posting again in someone else’s sale thread.
I think $16k is a great price for an LE, it does suck were taking huge hits on these games. I wasn't expecting to see LV's drop $8k. Same thing with Premiums dropping $3500. from NIB, but that's the hobby right now... if anyone is thinking about getting into it. No hard feelings at all here and glad you feel the same but I really do think this is all great information for the new guys. A close buddy new to hobby bought a LV with me, and he's not happy. lol

Chambahz

Dec 15, 2012
East York, Toronto
Dude. I let my Royal go for about 20k at a time it was selling for 26-27k. You’re barking up the wrong tree to complain about price policing. I lead by example and price my games below market, usually WELL below. Check my old posts if you want.

We have a different view of what is detrimental to the hobby. Price gouging colluding asshats are more detrimental than ppl offering cheaper alternatives. This what NOT the case with your sale and I’ve said so above. You were also priced below market. You made your sale despite your impression of sabotage. You’re just complaining for the sake of complaining at this point. You won’t prevent the peanut gallery from commenting in here. Kijiji and eBay are perfect selling places for no commenting.

Maybe the mods can make an option to enable or disable commenting like Pinside?
Yeah, considering my original thread was locked due to asshats, I’m going to state very clearly that I’m not complaining “just to complain” and that my deal wasn’t completed at the time these recent comments were made. As has been stated by the individual who made the comment, he was “helping those new to the hobby so as not to overpay” and that interferes with the perceived value of my game.
That’s not really helping anyone.
And agree to disagree on the pricing of your games but as I said previously, I’m not about to sabotage your sale threads because it’s really none of my business.
Just because I choose not to pay that much doesn’t mean someone else may not. You do you, as they say.
Argue all you want but check out the comments from others and believe me when I say that I’ve received supportive commentary from others that PBRev is becoming a terrible place to sell a game because of a few people and the drama they cause.
If someone lists a game for sale and it’s too high, it will sit until it’s reduced to a price that someone finds appealing. There’s nothing wrong with that.
You may recall my original post was called out for being priced too high compared to another Foo LE for sale on Pinside in the States… Bro, I don’t give an F about someone else’s for sale listing. If you want that other game, go get it! Nobody needs to hear an unwanted opinion on the matter.
But hey, if you’re right and I’m wrong (and more importantly if there are others who side with you), then I’ll just avoid selling on PBRev. I’ve now sold over 25 games on here so you tell me if that’s detrimental to the hobby in the GTA or not.
All because a few people need to express their unwanted opinions.

Reactions: pingod
Status
Not open for further replies.