• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Gary Stern SPF 2012 Presentation

REVOLUTION

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 13, 2012
GTA
www.pinballrevolution.com
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWQwZKHnpKw&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

Very good insight here.. I find it interesting that the new "Pin" playfield is the same size as a Classic Stern. It'd be a cool project to take one of these playfields and drop it into a full sized Classic Stern cab. Mind you, that'd be a very expensive venture..

It's also interesting to note that the Stern "Pin" is the test game for a complete new system which will be used in full sized pins as well (possibly starting with Avengers or a AC/DC Premium re-run).

REVOLUTION

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 13, 2012
GTA
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93sItcjLKhI&feature=channel&list=UL[/youtube]

Part 2

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTDoTlZoMOw&feature=channel&list=UL[/youtube]

Part 3

Something else to note, Gary says in here that they're currently making 3 different titles per year, and ~5000 games in total per year. Not too many games per title! Wow.. and he mentions that number is up 25% from last year.

SquidVicious

Nov 15, 2012
Oakville, Ontario, Canada
Can't see it till later tonight but it should be interesting ... his PPE and EXPO presentations were sort of a walk down memory lane with little current info (which was actaully a nice change from the last four years of sales pitch and bemoaning the home collector .. (and yes I know his attitude seems to have changed even if it has been done begrudingly)) .. and the repalcement op system is definitely something to look forward to!

Thanks for posting this Brock

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
I've always wondered if this new system is being forced due to component obsolescence more than anything else? I mean they rode the Whitestar system as long as they could, and the SAM system was pretty good but to me seems knida quick to abandon it already.

Just an observation...

D

REVOLUTION

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 13, 2012
GTA
Menace said:
I've always wondered if this new system is being forced due to component obsolescence more than anything else? I mean they rode the Whitestar system as long as they could, and the SAM system was pretty good but to me seems knida quick to abandon it already.

Just an observation...

D

I think they're trying to get away from the memory limitations.. take a look at this pic, it looks like there might be a memory card port in the upper right?? Weird..

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
Its about time they abandoned the old matrix technology and moved to a "bus" system. I wonder what system tho...

Must do some more homework.

D

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
DRANO said:
As long as they figure a way to remove a playfiled by pulling 3 connectors or less, I'd be happy!

I would think with a bus type system, as long as the node boards are mounted to the PF it would be simple to remove.

D