• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Golden Eye Magnet problems

good_buddy83

Dec 19, 2012
Beamsville
OK, This is a different Golden Eye Magnet problem, with the same symptoms, IE magnets don't work.

Here's what happened. I spent 2 hours trying to diagnose this. I checked voltages at the board. 9VAC is good. +5VDC is good. +50V DC is actually 85V (seems crazy high but OK). I realize the other wires are switch wires which seem to work fine, so that leaves 3 wires to the backbox.

Finally I determine that the problem lies in the 3 wires that tie into the back box at pins 8, 10,11 Aux input/output wires. Someone has tried this problem before and acidently installed this white brown wire in the wrong slot pin 11 instead of pin 12 at J3. No worries, reseat wire in proper location and and success, both magnets work!................. Or so I thought.

After proving the magnets were working I tried another game. No dice. Neither worked. Flipper magnet popped its respective fuse under playfield. So I replaced that. No dice on either magnet. What the hell? I swear everything was working. Any ideas?

Also I have noticed on this machine the +50V stays lit when the machine is off. I also noticed a 2nd transformer in the cabinet. Coin door interlock disables the +50V, but again, what gives? So Is the 85Volts instead of 50V a result of this transformer? Please lend me your thoughts. I am frustrated beyond belief.