• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Gott sys80, lighting issues

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
Actually, if that's the big bundle of ground returns in the bottom of the cab that is one of the many ground mods that SHOULD be done. There are a number of others that should also be done, and ultimately you could be looking at replacing all of the connector pins to get everything working as it should.

As I've said many times over the years, Sys80 games are 79 more problems than Sys1 and both systems are an adventure! If you haven't already done so, I highly recommend you purchase the TOP DVD 'Black House Haunted Hole'.

D

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
Yup,
Just got mine a few weeks ago. It's actually two discs TOP 5.1 and 5.2
Worth every penny towards this Black Hole project I'll be undertaking!

flyer666

Nov 16, 2012
Kitchener, Onatrio
haven't dug into this problem, just a quick look at the underside of the PF and all looks well. I think this is a logic problem on the board, but I'm unsure. Last night I unplugged A3J4 from the board and it worked fine once plugged back in, for a while. Any thoughts ?

Sounds like a Connector issue ...Wire brush (Fibre glass ) the connestors and/or retinn the board.I had the same problem

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
From what little I know of System 80 pins, the connectors are highly problematic.
It is probably the worst job, but re-pinning all the connectors on your game is likley the best and only way to ensure quality connections.
Manace can chime in on this one as he has done it, but your intermittent issues could easily point to bad connections.
I am not looking forward to diong my BH.

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
Yep, start with ALL the ground mods first. Sys80's are plagued with many grounding issues that can cause all sorts of wild and crazy behavior. Once all the ground mods are done and if it's still not working correctly, move on to re-pinning connectors.

D