• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Gottleib Sinbad

DaveScheffel

Dec 30, 2016
Toronto
Hi all, first time visitor.
When I turn on the power, it won't reset but all the lights come on and there is a high pitched sound. I didn't touch for months then one day I turned it on, everything was fine for 3 or 4 games then shut down. I powered off and then on and I have the same original problem. Any ideas/ easy fix??

slacker

Nov 15, 2012
Hamilton Ontario
After reseating all the connections also check the switch in the ball trough to make sure its working and the ball is hitting it. Some games have a switch on the coin door as well so make sure the door is closed.

sylvain

Apr 27, 2013
Ottawa, ON
You need a voltmeter/multimeter to check the +5V (and +12 and -12 volts) arriving on the MPU board from the power supply.
Having the game manual would also help in showing where to measure on the MPU
(a good voltage input to the MPU checkpoint is across each of the two electrolytic capacitors on the center left
of the MPU board near the power harness connector).

Often these games will freeze if the voltage is too low due to a misadjusted or dirty potentiometer +5V ADJ
on the power supply board, or weak/corroded pins in the power supply to MPU board harness.

There are guides on the web providing tutorials on how to measure voltages with a multimeter, if you are not sure how to do this safely.

- Sylvain.