• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

SOLD Gottlieb Black Hole for sale - Mississauga

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
Hey Everyone,
I have recently acquired two Gottlieb Black Holes and have to let one go.

The game is fully working and is in pretty decent condition. It is stock, no major modifications have been done to it yet (at least that I can see) aside from a new capacitor in the main cab.
It has the usual bumps and bruises on the lower cabinet and a few small rookie paint touch-ups that can be removed or redone. Overall it is in nice shape.
The playfield has a bit of crazing and edging around some inserts, but pretty decent as well. My plan was to clearcoat and touch-up to fill in the fine cracks, but it is solid as-is with a good cleaning and waxing.

Backglass is immaculate and displays are all bright and working. Boards are clean and hack-free. No battery leakage that I can see.
Coin door and rails are in great shape. The game has had the motor replaced but it is currently disconnected because the bracket holding it needs adjustment. Currently the spinning wheel touches the glass, so this needs to be modified and pushed back before it can be plugged in again.

In terms of damage, a couple of plastics have cracks, but all are present. One pop bumper body had been replaced with an incorrect red one. I have the correct blue body and will replace it (or simply include it) if the buyer wishes.

Not sure if I've missed anything but please feel free to contact me with any questions.
A little elbow grease will turn this BH into a fantastic example!

I have $1500 into it so that is the asking price.
Game is located near Dixie/Dundas. it is currently folded up but I can set it up for any propsective buyers.

Thanks!
Adriano

Attachments

• IMG_0496.JPG
    IMG_0496.JPG
    146.6 KB · Views: 490
  • IMG_0493.JPG
    IMG_0493.JPG
    117.8 KB · Views: 490
  • IMG_0494.JPG
    IMG_0494.JPG
    212.3 KB · Views: 490

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
Re: BH for sale - Mississauga

Some more

Attachments

• IMG_0484.JPG
    IMG_0484.JPG
    102.6 KB · Views: 488
  • IMG_0485.JPG
    IMG_0485.JPG
    123.3 KB · Views: 488
  • IMG_0490.JPG
    IMG_0490.JPG
    101 KB · Views: 488

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga

more

Attachments

• IMG_0510.JPG
    IMG_0510.JPG
    194.1 KB · Views: 486
  • IMG_0508.JPG
    IMG_0508.JPG
    178.5 KB · Views: 486
  • IMG_0517.JPG
    IMG_0517.JPG
    138.3 KB · Views: 486

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto

DRANO said:

Buying multiples of the same game again eh? :lol: Good luck on the sale and looks like a very nice and clean example.

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga

mwong168 said:
DRANO said:

Buying multiples of the same game again eh? :lol: Good luck on the sale and looks like a very nice and clean example.

When opportunity knocks.... ;)

WARLOCK

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
The Bluffs, Scarborough
Re: Gottlieb Black Hole for sale - Mississauga

This is a very nice machine. Adriano is selling this because he now has 2 of them. I picked up one of them for him, and I had a hand in the aquisition of the second one. ( I enabled a little bit as Wong was taking a night off. )

It is always amazing when you ask for something and two show up. Drano and I have the same philosophy on this.
You take both copies, because you did ask for them. Then you pass the 2nd one on to someone else at your cost.

This will be a good purchase for someone. I am still full. Boo!
All the best to the buyer and the seller.

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga

Thanks Scott.
It's a great player pin as-is, or an awesome candidate for a full restoration.

I hope it goes to a good home. A couple of interested parties so far coming to look at it.

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga

I've had a couple of people comment on the crackled appearance of the playfields.
Just wanted to let everyone know that there is no planking or physical damage to the wood. What you're seeing is fine cracks that sometimes occur to the topcoat/varnish due to expansion and contraction and age. It is really exaggerated by wax buildup inside the cracks and the camera flash. 90% of this will be filled in with a good clearcoat.

I just wanted to throw it out there, but I will happily offer a free clearcoat to the buyer of this game if they completely strip and clean off the playfield and do whatever touch-ups they wish first. The game could use a shop job anyway, so this would not be a very hard thing to do while you're already in the process of tearing down the top-side. The parts under the playfield that do not protrude can be left in place if you don't want to do a full strip.

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto

DRANO said:
Black Hole is sold!
Thanks to all who inquired.

Congrats to the new owner who I won't mention unless he wants to speak up but I need to ask him where he keeps finding space to put new games without selling anything like say a Demolition Man for example :p

Status
Not open for further replies.