• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

[Group Buy]: DMD Glare Guard "Knock Off" (CLOSED)

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
Bentplastics.com Group Buy

Well looks like there is demand for a Group Buy so I will turn this thread into a "sticky" for the time being. If you want to be in on this reply in this thread or send me a PM and I will add you to the list.

1. Vengeance (25) *confirmed* *paid in full* *picked up*
2. luch (12) *confirmed* *paid in full* *picked up*
3. Slam_Tilt (4) *confirmed* *paid in full* *picked up*
4. mwong168 (2) *confirmed* *paid in full* *picked up*
5. Drano (6) *confirmed* *paid in full* *picked up*
6. Menace (6) *confirmed* *paid himself* *picked up*
7. SquidVicious (40) *confirmed* *paid in full* *picked up*
8. Beafraid (10) *confirmed* *paid in full* *picked up*
9. spiroagnew (4) *confirmed* *paid in full* *picked up*
10. brewmanager (3) *confirmed* *paying on pickup*
11. Grauwolf (3) *confirmed* *paid in full* *picked up*
12. WARLOCK (15) *confirmed* *paid in full*
13. jooky (3) *confirmed* *paid in full* *picked up*
14. websherpa (10) *confirmed* *paid in full* *picked up*
15. Chris Bardon (8) *confirmed* *paid in full* *picked up*
16. eh97ac (10) *confirmed* *paid in full* *picked up*
17. SuperJackpot (8) *confirmed* *paid in full* *picked up*
18. subpacket (2) *confirmed* *paid in full* *picked up*
19. TwilightZone (4) *confirmed* *paid in full* *picked up*
20. nics135 (10) *confirmed* *paid in full* *picked up*
21. viperboy (15) *confirmed* *paid in full* *picked up*
22. medvet (60) *confirmed* *paid in full* *picked up*
22. sensfreak (10) *confirmed* *paid in full* *picked up*
23. tom_454 (6) *confirmed* *paid in full* *picked up*
24. Pinball Junkie (10) *confirmed* *paid in full* *picked up*
25. Williams Fan (20) *confirmed* *paid in full* *picked up*
26. Golden Graham (10) *confirmed* *paid in full* *picked up*
27. matthewra (5) *confirmed* *paid in full* *picked up*
28. cdnpinballer (10) *confirmed* *paid in full* *picked up*
29. EJB (2) *confirmed* *paid in full* *picked up*

Total Confirmed: 333 pieces

Payment Calculation breakdown can be seen here --> viewtopic.php?f=38&t=1914&start=75#p17193
EMT email address is: dr_menace@sympatico.ca
EMT password: pinball

Group Pickups
luch is picking up for: Squidvicious, websherpa, spirognew, Vengeance, Chris Bardon, jooky, SuperJackpot, nics135, Drano, Slam_tilt (130 total) *picked up*

medvet is picking up for: cdnpinballer, Williams Fan, sensfreak, tom_454 (106 total) *picked up*

mwong 168 is picking up for: EJB, matthewra, eh97ac (19 total) *picked up*

Vengeance is doing a separate pick up for only: TwilightZone, Pinball Junkie, viperboy (29 total) *picked up*

** last updated 12/20/2013 10:15PM

Thanks,
-Mike

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Looks like someone has created a "knock off" version of Wrong Crowd Production's PinZero DMD Glare Guard®. The website is http://www.bentplastic.com and their product appears to look and do the exact same thing as PinZero DMD Glare Guards (not that this product involves rocket science to knock off). Each one of my PinZero guards cost me $14-15/each meanwhile bentplastic.com is selling them for $8/each + shipping and handling or else you can really save if you buy in larger quantities. This might be a good opportunity for a bunch of you local guys to organize a group buy and get them for as low as $5/each.

Here is what this guard can do for your DMD games

Reflection from DMD!
6853588_orig.jpg

No Reflection from DMD!
8143867_orig.jpg

luch

Nov 18, 2012
Newmarket
www.topl.ca
Re: DMD Glare Guard "Knock Off"

I'm thinking about a group buy , I would be in for about 12 units , anyone else in for some , I emailed site to find out about cost to ship to Ontario , price would be based on total units , would bring to topl night , thanks mike , sorry did not see adam's post above . but anyway let's see how many we can get and work him on price and shipping

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
Re: DMD Glare Guard "Knock Off"

Mike feel free to take the lead on this I don't have time, but even if you and I just go in on it I think we'll be ok :D

But see if you can get him to come down more in price if we get more people :p

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
Re: [Group Buy]: DMD Glare Guard "Knock Off"

I swear by these and I am short a few right now.
I will take 6

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON

I've wanted them for a while but could never justify the $16 price tag for the Pinzero once.

$5 a shot and I'm in!

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora

I've always hated the look of these, but maybe I should get some... Do they make any for RFM? :lol:

D

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto

Menace said:
I've always hated the look of these, but maybe I should get some... Do they make any for RFM? :lol:

You can actually reverse mount this glare guard for RFM to reduce the glare from the backglass onto the playfield glass.

125962.jpg

125963.jpg

125964.jpg

Should I put you down for 1? :p

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora

That's pretty cool actually... I guess put me down for 6, even though I can't stand the look of them.

D

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto

Menace said:
That's pretty cool actually... I guess put me down for 6, even though I can't stand the look of them.

D

Here is an alternative if you don't like the look of these glare guards from pinballpal.com

http://pinballpal.com/dmd

This is only good if your collection stays pretty much the same but if you got A.D.D. like some of us you are losing $40 each time because you can't remove and transfer this glare film to your new game. My TOM came with this and works well but it does make the DMD appear dimmer. You can even see it in the pics on their site

mmbefore1M.jpg

mmafter1M.jpg

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga

I've done the film thing... still prefer the guards. In a row of games, with all of them having these, you don't even see them

frolic

Nov 19, 2012
Tdot

The Wrong Crowd ones have a textured bottom that diffuses the light coming from the pin so the guard itself doesn't turn into a mirror of playfield light. Does anyone know if these have the same kind of texturing?

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto

frolic said:
The Wrong Crowd ones have a textured bottom that diffuses the light coming from the pin so the guard itself doesn't turn into a mirror of playfield light. Does anyone know if these have the same kind of texturing?

If you look at the picture from the bentplastics.com home page they appear to have some sort of texture to them.

10981215924_f7d8816dd6_c.jpg

I've filled out the form on the site to make sure the guy is able to meet demand if we placed in a big bulk order of say 80-100 glare guards. I will ask him to confirm about the texture on the bottom side frolic. I see some people one pinside have ordered so I will keep an eye out for any feedback from the people there.