• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

GTA electronics store? Gottlieb system 80 -Cap needed

westniall

Oct 30, 2014
Toronto
I bought a Panthera - system 80 pinball this weekend. It has some strange issues that I have been troubleshooting.

Its issues are different almost everytime.

-Run the self test.. All good. Run it again fails at solenoid test-system resets
-Start a game.. Ball ejects.. System resets
-Start a game.. Starts... active flippers.. System resets.
-Start a game.. System resets.
-Start a game.. Works flawlessly.

It seems that the power is not "clean" or consistent. Which then lead me to the ORANGE Capacitor
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z55sakguohp41 ... .19.51.jpg

There is also a reset board installed on this machine that I will check if the cap is not the issue.

Can anyone recommend an electronics shop in the EAST GTA?

Thanks.

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
Sayal is pretty much your best bet for this stuff. (Vic Park & Gordon Baker)

Unfortunately their inventory out on the floor sucks, and I'm finding more and more everything I need is in the warehouse and subject to a $15 line minimum! It's easier and cheaper to get what you need from the US. If you're serious about fixing the Sys80, do all your shopping at Great Plains and thank Ed for the service. He's top notch, pricing is good and quick to ship. www.greatplainselectronics.com

D

westniall

Oct 30, 2014
Toronto
Yes. I got 2 caps. A stock 6800uf 25v and a 10000uf35v. Both worked, so I went with the 10000. Attached the meter and it only goes to 11.8 volts so the 35 is over kill.