1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GTA Powder Coating

Discussion in 'Projects & Mods' started by eh97ac, Jan 27, 2020.

1. eh97ac

eh97ac Active Member

Anyone have a recommended/trusted powdercoat "guy"?

I've tried 2 shops who do not do small batches and another guy who was too flaky

2. mIkea

mIkea Active Member

Have you tried the place in Milton on Steeles near James Snow? I keep meaning to stop in but haven’t yet.

3. mcuzz

mcuzz Active Member

4. eh97ac

eh97ac Active Member

No, do you have a business name?

5. SuperPinball

SuperPinball Active Member

https://www.brightsidecustoms.com/

They have done over 20 machines for me personally and know how to do pinball stuff. Usually I do lock bar, side rails, legs, hinges, hinge bolts , sometimes habitrails. They charge about 200-225 for a complete set and use prismatic powders with all the colors you want.

Powder coating.jpg

6. eh97ac

eh97ac Active Member

Thanks for the feedback, always good to hear about positive personal experiences

7. pinballjah

pinballjah Active Member

How do you find removing the side rails? I have heard these usually get damaged when removed from the older games. Thanks for the link. May give them a try. Do you have a contact you usually deal with?

8. mIkea

mIkea Active Member

I’ll stop in next time I go by there if they are open, or at least grab a name and number.

pinballjah likes this.
  9. SuperPinball

SuperPinball Active Member

Side rails are the most difficult part of the process. I use an angled spatula that is sharpened on the end and slowly start from one side and move along pushing up underneath the side rail to free the glue and gently shim the part that was done to apply gentle pressure outward. Be careful not to pull the rail out too much or it will bend if you plan on keeping the rails. Most of the time the side rails have dents in them from the head or straps and I replace them with new ones. I have tested side rails from Marco, Pinball resource as well as Chicago Gaming. I recommend Marco's side rails in that they are the thickest of the bunch and will not warp. Pinball resource is decent too but come with the double sided tape included that need to be removed prior to baking and the Chicago Gaming rails go straight to the garbage. You can order them through Player 1.