• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Heighway Pinball Production Update

maken

Jan 2, 2014
Kitchener
Totally agreed with Adam.

Don't get caught up on up how P3 integrates the dreaded "video" into pinball. It's more like changeable playfield artwork with added gameplay benefits. The machine knows where the ball is at all times while it is touching the screen. Meaning, the entire screen is essentially full of virtual rollover switches. Or targets. Or anything else they can think of.

This is still a real physical pinball machine with a physical ball, completely re-designed physical flippers (they felt good to me), physical slingshots, scoops, ramps, toys etc. Completely modular unit, with additional playfield kits aimed to be priced ~$1500 USD. It could be an operators dream, and an answer to Heighways swappable playfield space-saving option.

dnewman

Oct 29, 2013
Newmarket
Yeah, I liked the Lexy Lightspeed game too... I played several games on the Full Throttle, and had fun with it. It seemed like a very fast machine to me. I loved that you get penalized for making the wrong shots in a particular mode.

REVOLUTION

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 13, 2012
GTA
www.pinballrevolution.com
Kind of a bummer for us, with how convenient they are to deal with for us locals, and Nitro out in BC doesn't really help us at all, but the attempt was made.

I wouldn't consider dealing with Starburst all that "convenient". I know I've been trying to get a hold of them re. my MMRLE deposits for MONTHS now, and a few friends of mine have literally been trying to call them with a credit card in hand for a few weeks to get KISS, to no avail.

Brutal..

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
440369-i.jpg

440368-i.jpg

Looks like games are starting to ship

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
Interesting it's only HDMI, USB and a .156" connector. I did notice that the HDMI and USB cables were not running through any strain relief, I can see that causing an issue over time...

D