• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

SOLD Help requested re: nice 1960 baseball machine soon for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
FYI,
The figurines are (were) made by the Workshops of Norman Greene

Just as a curiosity I have sent them an email to inquire if Norman still makes these and what the cost might be.

Worst case, it would not be very hard to get a casting made of one of the remaining figures and reproduce 3 more... although they probably wouldn't be metal.

UPDATE:
$25 USD per figure from Norman.
Not too bad considering they are cast metal.

Last edited:

novaguy

Nov 16, 2012
Fenelon Falls
I would pursue this for my boss and his wife if Drano wasn't already on it.they were playing our 1957 Deluxe Baseball and now she has to have one
Ted

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
I would pursue this for my boss and his wife if Drano wasn't already on it.they were playing our 1957 Deluxe Baseball and now she has to have one
Ted

Go for it Ted. Like I said above, don't let me stop anyone from making an offer.
It would be awesome to restore this machine but I also have plenty of projects.
If she really loves it and wants one I'm happy with it going to a good home.

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
Just wanted to follow up and help wrap up this thread.
Unfortunately, it seems that there wasn't a whole lot of response to this game.
I received a call from the owner last week and was told I could have it.
With some great help from our own resident blogger, this 1960 Williams Deluxe Official Baseball has found a new home. Even with some of the reels not working, we managed to set it up and have a quick game. It was set for 3 innings and there were just enough working indicator bulbs that we managed to have a pretty decent game. We just had to count runs in our heads for player two.

Thanks Rob!
I still say it was a tie, but I guess we'll never know :cool:

Anyway, I'll be digging into it over the next few days and see if I can get it running 100% before I dig in for a proper restore.

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
That thing must have been a brute to move and does the head come off?

For sure. The head comes off easily with 4 connectors and 3 bolts (which this game didn't even have). The cabinet is roughly a foot longer/taller than a standard pin, so that made getting it upstairs a little more work... but this staircase was Wong-approved ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.