• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

High Scores

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
Vengeance said:
Congrats, I think my stink is still on a few of your other games though :)

I think I was there when you were about to roll the score displays on Lightning and had to let the balls drain to keep it as close to 9,999,999 as possible too.

tim.sanderson

Posting on behalf of Mike (dubplate/BIG) because he never seems to post his high scores here.
Rolled the machine over once on SURF CHAMP at Black Dice Cafe, Toronto. 3rd place spot on the board.

Attachments

• BIG -surf champ.jpg
    BIG -surf champ.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 1,169
  • BIG -surf champ.jpg
    BIG -surf champ.jpg
  • BIG -surf champ.jpg
    BIG -surf champ.jpg
  • BIG -surf champ.jpg
    BIG -surf champ.jpg

spiroagnew

Staff member
Dec 1, 2012
Scotch Block, ON
www.creditdotpinball.com
Had some success on Rollergames today...almost doubled my previous best, so its an achievement for me. Only a couple million off of the top score on Pinside.

Man, I love this game. Makes me want to celebrate by having a Thermos full of ice cold Slice soda while reading my Game Pro magazine. Wow, that speaker panel product placement really works!

rgamesHS.jpg

spiroagnew

Staff member
Dec 1, 2012
Scotch Block, ON
www.creditdotpinball.com
Must be the tattoo...my highest score on FH to date after waking up from a midnight shift. A couple million pluses during three funhouse closures, a super frenzy and a completed mystery mirror. This finally bumps Walt off the high score list...your reign of terror is over, BM!

fhhs.jpg

(previewed the post, and boy do I need to touch up the head with some Funhouse blue paint...sheesh, looks like hell...)

tim.sanderson

Not a dramatic increase, but I just managed to beat my high score on Jokerz.

Earlier today I managed a 14+ million score, but I felt that a misbehaving gate helped me "double my score", so I turned off the machine before it recorded my score. :(

Attachments

• jokerz_09-23-13_7352440.jpg
    jokerz_09-23-13_7352440.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 573

brad808

Feb 28, 2013
Brantford
That's actually in interesting point. What do you guys consider "fair play". I would have to assume that most consider machine glitches such as faulty switches that rack up score to be a no-no.

How about in these situations though: during multi ball you have two balls left, one gets jammed somewhere and you are left playing with one ball while accumulating a multi ball score? What if the ball doesn't stick somewhere (that it could potentially be hit free) but actually goes back down the shooter lane in a game with a manual plunger? Do you leave it and keep collecting your score or do you fire it back out and earn your multi ball score legitimately?

I'll say where I stand on it. Basically if the machine is glitching then it's non valid. Everything else the machine does naturally is fair game. I figure if I can happen on its own once during a certain game it can happen to anyone so if a high score is set then it should be valid.

... That being said I have all the high scores on my games and earned them without any thing like that happening haha.

Sent from my Nexus 4

bstock

Apr 1, 2013
Montreal, Quebec
I have done the same thing Tim has a few times. If a beneficial malfunction occurs during play and I am on my way to a high score, I will always do whatever I can to clear the malfunction in a timely manner. If I am not able to clear the malfunction, or I feel the effect that it has had on the game is too great I will always restart the game.

As far as brad's question, if a ball ends up in the shooter lane of a game with a manual plunger, it should be plunged as soon as practicable.

WARLOCK

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
The Bluffs, Scarborough
Great advice gents....

Some people say that if "the glass is on" all goes...>>>...

I couldn't do that if the game was "wiggy" but, each to his own.

Have a witness...>>>...

tim.sanderson

Yet another minute improvement over my high score. I went into the last ball at 6 million with one extra ball. I pooped the bed and barely beat my previous score. :(

I'm still waiting for that magic game where I score the 4 mil jackpot AND the 'double your score' on ball three...

Attachments

• jokerz_10-02-13_7473560.jpg
    jokerz_10-02-13_7473560.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 509

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
I posted a score of 117,240,490 on XM LE last night. I thought that was pretty sweet. I'd never broken much more than 70mil before!

Chris Bardon

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga, ON
Wow, that's way higher than I've managed on the latest code-all my scores top out in the high 40s. Usually that's from completing at least one villain, and an OK multiball or two, but nothing seems overly lucrative in that game. Sentinels/Magneto is pretty good, but unless you max out the jackpots at 1m on magneto, you're not getting much from most of the shots.

tim.sanderson

I'm finding it considerably more difficult to rack up points now that the DRAW POKER gate has been put into place. I've reset the previous high scores seeing as they are invalid now. I would have likely passed the 5 million mark with bonus alone if I hadn't tilted during my final ball. :FP:

My short term goal is to pass into the 8 million mark.

Attachments

• jokerz_11-19-2013.JPG
    jokerz_11-19-2013.JPG
    60.9 KB · Views: 363

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
One of the games that always plagues me is Black Hole.
I love the game and it just makes me feel so good to hear that awesome background sound, that I don't usually mind when it kicks my ass.
I'm usually lucky to break 300,000, but I had an awesome game a couple of nights ago. I still have not cracked the 800,000+ GC left on the game by Mr. Hide when it was owned by Menace, but I did post a very decent 658,080

I'll take it ;)