• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

High Scores

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
I've been having a hard time posting anything decent on my new BSD since getting it a couple of weeks back.
Last night I finally cracked the factory GC of 300mil with a fair showing of 336million. But, still not anything close to a really good score for this pin.
When I crack my first billion on this pin, then I will celebrate.

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
Well, I've had my Banzai Run a week now.
Tweaked it a bit and got it playing as well as possible for now. Last night I rocked an awesome game on it.

Finally challenged each racer and then completed the multi-ball to beat the King of the Hill. Also scored several cliff jumps with multipliers and racked up a ton of laps and victory laps on the mb. Came away with a pretty decent score of 5,590,490 and the GC!

I know it's not a game a lot of people get to play, so I have to say that the programming on BZR is fantastic for the era. Chris Granner's music really gets you going and the theme and gameplay is just a ton of fun.
I hadn't touched one since I was probably 12. I was expecting it to play clunky but, once you get a hang of back-handing the shots on the vertical playfield (Banzai Hill) and how to really capitalize on its scoring opportunities, BZR really does show itself to be a pretty well rounded game... especially for a sys 11.

Considering it was his first design, Lawlor really knocked it out of the park IMO.

tim.sanderson

I figured I'd bring this topic into the now with my first Rollergames score on the board:

The last digit on the top row is not working. It's barely noticeable during game play, so it's a little lower on the to-do list.

Attachments

• RG_5_10_2014.jpg
    RG_5_10_2014.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 682

bstock

Apr 1, 2013
Montreal, Quebec
uvepynyz.jpg

Put a new GC on my JM. 3 ball game in tournament mode. No extra balls. Stacked yakuza strike, spinner millions and multiball on ball one. 3x and bonus held twice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
Well done!

Haven't seen this thread in a while. Last time I posted was my big 5.5mil Banzai Run score.
I've since managed to get a GC of 8,369,840 on Banzai. Guess it's time to sell it :lol: (just kidding)

Also got a Centaur since then and managed to put up 2,184,830 on it recently. No idea if that's a good score but it was an epic game. I finally started the 5 ball multi-ball plus a bunch of other MBs.

WARLOCK

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
The Bluffs, Scarborough
5 ball scores are only allowed on EM's. (lol)

That being said, I am getting very close to beating the veterens EM scores on
Volley, Jack's Open and Centigrade 37. It is only a matter of time.

BOO

Aug 9, 2013
Toronto, Canada
It seems that WoZ may be the one exception to this rule when it comes to modern pins--this according to the posts on the WoZ owners' Google group, the great majority have their machines set to 5 ball play [at least in the home use environment] in that there's just too damn much to accomplish in just 3 balls. Sure is a fun machine though!

DRANO said:
boobooboi said:
Set to 5 Balls

Is that even admissable? :lol:

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
Hmmmm. Maybe I'll go home tonight and set my LOTR to 5 ball :lol:
Maybe I'll reach Valinor!!!
(probably not)

Bigbossfan

Aug 22, 2013
Lincoln, NB
I haven't gone through the whole thread, but a few have told me this was an impressive score on LOTR.

Attachments

• High Score.JPG
    High Score.JPG
    145.1 KB · Views: 591

Bigbossfan

Aug 22, 2013
Lincoln, NB
Here's the SM I bought off of Wong. Took me less than a week to SHATTER his GC score. (Actually I don't think he played it much!). The title on the score is a dig at my buddy who beat Wong's GC the first night I had it home.

Attachments

• High Score.JPG
    High Score.JPG
    144.9 KB · Views: 590

brad808

Feb 28, 2013
Brantford
eqymy4et.jpg

I'm not sure what a good score is on road show but it felt like it should be good. It was a long game I know that much.

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
I was playing MM last night and got to Battle for the Kingdom but as I got down to my last ball it got stuck behind the right troll.

14750464176_7eb0e7806e_z.jpg

I tried to nudge it free but got my two TILT warnings so I was hoping ball search would kick in before the timer ran out... it didn't until BftK was over. I believe I was only a few shots away from beating it too and I couldn't recall if I had any troll bombs left as that could have helped free the ball :(

14793340013_567bd1ffbf_z.jpg

14750464746_6b7ba7368f_z.jpg

14586763170_20dd81627d_z.jpg

I managed to get a new GC score along with a few others records too.

brad808

Feb 28, 2013
Brantford
After ball freaking one! Well with the free balls I earned in there. Even still it was quite crazy. Had Secret Stash beat, Daredevil Mania beat, got pretzel multiball (not really sure what to do in it because there was so much else going on), got Springfield Mystery spot but not really sure how to beat it either (was basically just trying to survive it), got Alien invasion but could only lock 4 balls.
RO72GXsl.jpg

Little embarrassed to post my final score after 3 balls because it isn't much higher haha. To be fair though I have the ball saver turned off and ball 3 was a complete write-off. Any additional scoring came from ball 2 and it wasn't that amazing either. All I had to do was shoot the TV to start alien invasion a second time and I'm sure my score would have jumped up but unfortunately the pinball gods weren't so kind. Also had two balls locked into the couch waiting for standard multiball to start :x

m9g4MDkl.jpg

brad808

Feb 28, 2013
Brantford
Finally after a couple years was able to top my Hollywood heat high score. Old high score was 13.8 million, new high score is 15.1 million. I could sense it was coming because the last few weeks I've had some killer games on it but last night I had the perfect amount of drunk concentration ;-).
edab7f4b8729d7c6e35b92ace2920f25.jpg

bstock

Apr 1, 2013
Montreal, Quebec
brad808 said:
last night I had the perfect amount of drunk concentration ;-).

Glad to hear I'm not the only one who seems to play pinball best in this state. No matter what anyone says, "drunk concentration" is definitely a real thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk