• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

High Scores

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
I just recently got this Gottlieb Melody in a big trade deal.
I've never owned a 2" flipper (pre 1970's) game before and I've recently been bitten by this one and Williams Heat Wave.

Anyway, I've been tweaking Melody for a couple of days and finally had a great game yesterday. I'm told this is a pretty decent score.
I got 4 add-a-balls from completing the colour sequences and making the saucer shots, and 2 more balls for hitting 2000 & then 4000 pts.

Ended up with 5,667
Not too bad for a game that still awards single points :)
Hopefully I'll get to roll it one day!

Attachments

• Melody-HS.JPG
    Melody-HS.JPG
    148.1 KB · Views: 271

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
WARLOCK said:
Drano just made the Canadian high score on my C-37 tonight.
Tell us the tale Drano. Wong, Menace and I were present.

EPIC game!

Fun game. I don't think I could pull this score off on my game (just too slick with the new clearcoat) but this C37 was no slouch; it played pretty fast too.
I didn't even notice the score roll over the 2nd time around because ball 5 just seemed to last forever. Several saves from the outlanes later I finally cradle and look up and am sitting at over 200K!!! That's when I got nervous ;)

I counted 3 specials at the saucer and another 3 via score. Maxed out the credits at 15 (I think that's the max anyway).
I definitely had every little bump and nudge worked out on her after a coupe of balls.
Feels nice to finally get on the maaca wedgehead high score list.
Now I just have to play more Volley and El Dorado

brad808

Feb 28, 2013
Brantford
Nudged out my previous Simpsons Pinball Party score tonight. Just like the previous high score, I had alien invasion primed and ready to go for the second time, 2 balls locked for couch multiball and lock lit... Then drain. Ah well still felt like a really good (and incredibly fun) game. When you have a good game like that going you can almost see the possibility of one day achieving the wizard mode. The only requirements i haven't beaten on their own is the 5 super jackpot ( have had 4) and alien invasion. To have it all happen in one game though is going to be incredibly tough. Girlfriend wasn't nearly impressed as I was with my game because she had just gotten to my house and I said "just let me play this one game" then proceeded to play for the next 40 minutes. Oops. I've learned anytime you want to set a high score make sure that you have plans in 15 minutes, are pressed for time and just want to get a quick game in.
6321c1bd37d044245f84db24e1046e2f.jpg

tim.sanderson

An even bigger bump up.
I completely changed my strategy for these past two high scores. (not that there's a heck of a lot of strategy in a system 11) I think it's working. Scored the WILLIAMS jackpot, 3 or 4 multiballs, and a butt-load of jackpots.

Most importantly, I've reclaimed the top spot by 12 or 13 million after my buddy Mike claimed it earlier in the week. :D

Attachments

• RG-51_285_790.JPG
    RG-51_285_790.JPG
    82 KB · Views: 194

brad808

Feb 28, 2013
Brantford
Knocked out my grand champion score on tspp just now. The last shot of the last tv mode I had to complete was the couch shot in Homer's day. When I hit the couch it started couch multiball and finished off the tv modes so I was able to cash in on some nice victory lap points. After couch multiball was done i started alien invasion. As soon as I had just finished attempting but not completing alien invasion I was able to stack pretzel multiball, Springfield mystery spot and one of the itchy and scratchy multiballs to score a really nice chunk of points.

b53431ce6f690aa194cb4fd30009d8be.jpg

brad808

Feb 28, 2013
Brantford
I choose to leave the stock coils in my LOTR vs putting in the stronger PBL ones. I didn't like the idea of over powering them to compensate for the heat. Instead I installed some cooling fans on my flipper coils tonight. They fit nicely zip tied to the flipper mounting base. Easy to install, easy to uninstall. The flippers weren't terrible before but being able to backhand the left ramp with the left flipper 30 mins into a game without having to worry about the flippers not giving full power is a beautiful thing. That and of course being able to nail the ring shot when you need it. Anyway I was able to put up a high score tonight on it.
eede423ade3a4b0d0226742625a5e4e2.jpg

tim.sanderson

Rolled Skylab twice. Put up a 245,140. Technically it's 20,000 higher... I've just noticed my 10,000 rocket bonus doesn't seem to be adding itself when acquired, and I scored two this game
The game only seems to keep track of the first roll over, so it's kinda on the honor system. ;)
skylab_3-28-2015_245140.jpg

brad808

Feb 28, 2013
Brantford
Well it's been half a year but I set a new grand champ on tspp. I know in pinball you always feel like you need to just make one more shot but man I was soo close. I had just started the crazy extra ball, two of the balls locked on the couch via the hard method of hitting each switch individually and then locking, the third lock lit and I drained. I'm sure if I hit the couch to start multiball I would have gotten much higher not just from the multiball but I would have been able to collect the extra ball too.
dbbd5a7272ae9cc46077e4e001329417.jpg

Fast forward to a few hours later at night and I was able to best my lotr grand champ score as well. Fair to say yesterday was a good day.
4a722440343935ef489a2ef9131d63b4.jpg

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
I had Barry aka SuperJackpot over last night till around 2am and he managed to taint my Indianapolis 500 with his GC score. He was so close to getting to the Victory lap with 185 laps and he was in position #1 too!

18159621871_b739f44645_b.jpg

Chris Bardon

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga, ON
Managed to double my old GC score on SM last night to end up with 485,954,590. The only thing I didn't end up hitting was Super Hero, and now I'm not really sure what else I needed to do. I had all the villains (3x) and all of the lights in the centre lit. Do you have to actually complete all the modes, or just play them? If you have to finish them, is there an indicator that you still need to replay something? Everything was lit solid.

Also reconfirmed that the secret to a great game is to start when you have something else to do/somewhere to be. Started a "quick game" last night while I had 10 mins free before I had to start making dinner. At least my wife is into pinball too, and "having a really good game on SM" is a valid excuse :)

Reactions: brad808

kvoxx

Dec 2, 2014
Toronto
After finally getting my game working almost 100%. I got in a couple good games and was able to beat the previous owners high score around 8 million.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 22

tim.sanderson

Dragon_558130.jpg
I briefly lost the high-score title on G. Dragon. My buddy Mike scored a 521,000 last weekend. After tonight's KISS launch, i managed to hit 558k+. And that was after two tilts. (one tilt alone cost me 50K) My short-term goal is to r̶o̶l̶l̶ ̶ flip the bitch!
(0:32 for the reference)

Reactions: brad808

brad808

Feb 28, 2013
Brantford
Finally broke the 300 million mark on my Simpsons pinball party! My score shot up REALLY fast by stacking couch multiball, Springfield mystery spot, and scratchy's revenge. As soon as I finished those I started pretzel multiball. My bonus multiplier was 86x (which also carried over to my next ball) and scored me something like 40 million for ball 2 and another 40 something million for ball 3.

Next stop is the SDMEWM! I'm slowly getting better and creeping closer. I can now fairly regularly beat secret stash, daredevil mania, alien invasion, and Springfield mystery spot. The 5 super jackpots I've only gotten a small handful of times. I've only actually started scratchy's revenge maybe 3-4 times and I've only beaten it this one time. I really need to shoot at the I&S hole more in order to start it but it's just such a deadly shot for me.
72e0ea7cd54f056215197dd77c7ae891.jpg