• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

How can I take apart a switch to insert leaf?

VA3AVP

Dec 22, 2013
BelleRiver
Hi Guys replaced diode on my upper right hideout switch still did not correct my problem then I realized I had another new switch from an old 60 n 1 project and hooked up the switch to the hideout switch wires with gator clips and ran the switch test new switch works fine!!

so I am wondering how can I take apart the new switch to insert the little leaf from the old switch? the slots are there on the top of the new switch to insert it I just don't want to damage it in trying to split it apart?

is there any tricks or best approaches to this?

attached is picture of switch I want to split to get the tabs of the little leaf in there and then lock it back together again? IMG_5039[731].JPG

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
Can't be done on this one without destroying the switch case. You need to purchase a replacement with the switch arm already installed.

D

VA3AVP

Dec 22, 2013
BelleRiver
IMG_5040[732].JPG
Can't be done on this one without destroying the switch case. You need to purchase a replacement with the switch arm already installed.

D
Dam it's a shame switch works perfect :(

Wait I got it Menance it just slipped apart enough with a tiny screw driver to get the leaf in :) No damage

Last edited:

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
Yep, I've been in the same scenario many times. Run out of the switch with the arm installed while out at a clients but have some without in my kit... pisses me off.

D

VA3AVP

Dec 22, 2013
BelleRiver
I got lucky this was a jamma switch it spread apart nice with no damage just enough to get the piece in there did not have to break it completely apart :)

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
Nicely done. The one time I tried it broke one of the two plastic weld tabs... so I never bothered to try since. Good to know.

D

Reactions: VA3AVP