• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

i keep getting logged out

Luckydogg420

May 12, 2013
Kitchener
The browser on my iPad looses the login all the time. The tapatalk app keep me logged in, but I'd prefer the web site.

I noticed it after the donate button was added

thewebexpert

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Almonte, Ontario
I turned off the quick login pop up box and altered the cookie settings, we will see if that helps a bit. I am able to shut down and open my browser and still be logged on.

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
It was logging me out before when the quick login form was enabled but appears to be behaving fine since Derek disabled it. The most annoying one was on my phone because it would automatically zoom in and I could only see part of the quick login form.

thewebexpert

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Almonte, Ontario
it is really frustrating, it never logs out on IE but on Firefox it still boots me. If you google phpbb and cookies, you can see it is a huge issue. Hopefully we will hit our donation goal soon and migrate to a supported commercial platform and a lot of these issues will go away.

I personally am excited for the blog capability, so those particular users who like to have a 10 page running post to blog, can do it in a more "formal" blog setting ... I think it will be exciting.

Derek