• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

IMDN flipper sticking

cuebert

Sep 7, 2018
Smithville
So my right upper flipper seems to be sticking in the flipped position sometimes. I think it's getting bound/hung up as it doesn't appear to be a power issue because if I turn the machine off when its up, it stays that way. I haven't done any flipper work so I don't know where to start with this one...or what else it could be.

Thoughts?

mcuzz

Apr 23, 2016
Georgetown
Take apart the flipper mec and housing and clean the whole thing. Sounds like it’s dirty or something sticky is in there. Also check the EOS switch for proper spacing.

luch

Nov 18, 2012
Newmarket
www.topl.ca
does it flip up on start up by itself ? if no . then it is too tight to the playfield it needs some more space in between . if yes the transistor is burnt

cuebert

Sep 7, 2018
Smithville
Hey guys,

it's random during play, doesn't flip up by itself. It does drop back down and stays functional afterwards during play. tbf, it was behaving fine when I picked up the machine, but started doing it once I got it home and setup here. I'll look into the spacing and such and then a cleaning pass if needed.

thanks!

Mike Walsh

Aug 12, 2017
C.B.S. , Newfoundland
Hey Cuebert,
I had the same issue with a STLE.
Turns out there is a quality issue with the coil stops in newer Stern
Machines. The round coil stop becomes loose from the bracket it is attached to causing random flipper sticking. I replaced the coil stop and the issue never happened again. Good luck

Reactions: cuebert